Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Ghengis Kindt Suffers Setback, Drops off Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Ghengis Kindt Suffers Setback, Drops off Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.

The horde leader/comics writer will be replaced by Sterling Gates.

Source: Newsarama

The mighty Matt Kindt, writer of all he surveys, has dropped off Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S..  Newsarama, which broke the story, is reporting that Sterling Gates is taking over the miniseries, which was to be one of seven titles written by Kindt in October. 

We reached out to Kindt about his decision to pull out of the book, but he refused comment as he galloped away from a massive battlefield, scattered with bodies and comic books.  His retinue, which allegedly helps him manage his massive workload, had been significantly lessened. 

However, a fictional version of Sterling Gates did give a brief interview to the Outhouse about his new project:

Gates: I'm really excited for this opportunity.  I love the characters and --

Outhouse: Enough with that nonsense.  Our readership wants to know how you defeated Kindt in single combat.

Gates: It wasn't like that at all.  DC called me --

Outhouse: Were you swift like a raging river?

Gates: No, no, it wasn't anything like --

Outhouse: With all the force of a great typhoon?

Gates: Wait, a second --

Outhouse: With all the strength of a raging fire?

Gates: Are you quoting something?  That sounds really familiar...

Outhouse: Mysterious like the dark side --

Gates: Oh, hell no!  You are not turning this victory into a Mulan joke.  This interview is over.

In unrelated news, Charles Soule now holds sole ownership of the "Most Comics Written in a Month" record, with seven titles still set to be released in October. 

Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #1 comes out October 23rd.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:20 pm

I'm glad to see Sterling Gates back writing comics for DC. His Supergirl run of the last series was really the best (Nick Spencer could've held that title, but noooo DC had to interfere)

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Apropos of nothing, "Sterling Gates" is one of the best names ever.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Chesscub wrote:I'm glad to see Sterling Gates back writing comics for DC. His Supergirl run of the last series was really the best (Nick Spencer could've held that title, but noooo DC had to interfere)

Agreed. I wonder what happened with him? He seemed to be a rising star at DC (friends with Geoff Johns, writing a semi-high profile book) and then he just vanished.

br_havoc

A Quagmire

Postby br_havoc » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Glad Kindt is off the book the less this guy writes the better. I mean focus on your books you do a great job on those but your DC work has sucked.

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:50 pm

MrBlack wrote:Agreed. I wonder what happened with him? He seemed to be a rising star at DC (friends with Geoff Johns, writing a semi-high profile book) and then he just vanished.

he was blacklisted for a year by Rob Liefeld for screwing up the Hawk & Dove scripts :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
he was blacklisted for a year by Rob Liefeld for screwing up the Hawk & Dove scripts :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did he object to having disproportioned boobs and feet as well as several pouches for the characters? :-D :-D :-D

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:10 pm

So which one is this guy?

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Chesscub wrote:I'm glad to see Sterling Gates back writing comics for DC. His Supergirl run of the last series was really the best (Nick Spencer could've held that title, but noooo DC had to interfere)

wasn't he writing Vibe?

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:57 pm

e_galston wrote:
wasn't he writing Vibe?

Yes but between Hawk and Dove and Vibe, what did he do? He's talented and could definitely give a shot in the arm to a DC book or two.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:04 pm

How many writers have left DC before their series/mini even came out?

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Chesscub wrote:
Yes but between Hawk and Dove and Vibe, what did he do? He's talented and could definitely give a shot in the arm to a DC book or two.

he wrote six issues of Kirby Genesis: Captain Victory for Dynamite.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:57 pm

HNutz wrote:How many writers have left DC before their series/mini even came out?

There's nothing to suggest he's leaving DC. Other (more reputable :P ) sites are reporting:

"When they asked me to do 'A.R.G.U.S.' at first I said, 'I think I'm too busy,'"

and

There's no indication why the A.R.G.U.S. writer switch was made, but it's likely that it's related to Kindt needing time for other projects, including the high-profile writing gig on Justice League of America during its tie-ins to the DC event Forever Evil.

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Well, it is a tad bit unusual to have a creative team change during a MINI-series. Usually those things are set pretty much in stone before production begins, unlike an ongoing series.

David Branson

FACEBOOKTron

Postby David Branson » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:15 pm

I still think that having the article in USA Today with absolutely no mention of the previous creative team ("Originally solicited with so-and-so," etc.) makes this dickish enough to reset the counter. They've made no announcement at all saying that Kindt has had to step back or anything. I don't think it counts as an announcement of a new creative team as much as ignoring the fact that they had one before completely.

leave a comment with facebook