Friday, May 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Ghost Rider Tired of Getting Rained On, Switches Bike for Car

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:13 pm

If it wasn't for the helmet is have said it looks cool.

But the helmet is there and it's stupid. Ghost Rider never even wore one with a bike.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:26 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:If it wasn't for the helmet is have said it looks cool.

But the helmet is there and it's stupid. Ghost Rider never even wore one with a bike.


I'll agree with that. From the neck down, nothing about the redesign is that bad. In fact it's a great blend of the classic costume with modern protective gear. It's when you start looking at the neck up that the entire design falls apart. The helmet/mask is simply atrocious. I would like to see this costume with a more traditional Ghost Rider skull.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Draco x wrote:So the new Ghost Rider now looks like a Dukes Of Hazzard character fron Hell? Uh, remind me again why we need a new Ghost Rider outside of Johnny Blaze as the last replacement they tried to stick us with flopped when she got her own series.

What exactly about a flaming skull demon reminds you of Dukes of Hazzard?
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm

The car looks nothing like the General Lee
User avatar

alijafferythehunk

cheese

Postby alijafferythehunk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Oh good, they gave him a glory hole on his forehead.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:15 pm

At least he's not driving a Smartcar.

OH NO!! IT'S THE GHOST RIDER IN HIS SMARTCAR FROM HELL!!! LOOK AT THOSE WHEELS OF HELLFIRE!!! NO LOOK! Seriously, if you look hard enough you can... oh now it's tipped over thanks to that gust of wind, you can see... the tires blew out...

Well... he sucks. Bring back flame boobs Ghost Rider.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Robbie Reyes? A senior in high school?

PC much Marvel? :roll:
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:32 pm

dairydead wrote:What exactly about a flaming skull demon reminds you of Dukes of Hazzard?


You missed that episode?


Personally, I'd go with a '71 Hemi Cuda...
User avatar

alijafferythehunk

cheese

Postby alijafferythehunk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:At least he's not driving a Smartcar.

OH NO!! IT'S THE GHOST RIDER IN HIS SMARTCAR FROM HELL!!! LOOK AT THOSE WHEELS OF HELLFIRE!!! NO LOOK! Seriously, if you look hard enough you can... oh now it's tipped over thanks to that gust of wind, you can see... the tires blew out...

Well... he sucks. Bring back flame boobs Ghost Rider.



I wont call the character off until i see the issue(s?) but I wouldnt mind if the character broke his mask in the first issue and got a new one.


also i had to double check his ride didnt have 36inch flaming rims.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Robbie Reyes? A senior in high school?

PC much Marvel? :roll:


In Marvel's defense here, you could have said the same thing about Jaime Reyes when he became Blue Beetle and that decision worked out just fine in terms of the quality of the story.
User avatar

alijafferythehunk

cheese

Postby alijafferythehunk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
In Marvel's defense here, you could have said the same thing about Jaime Reyes when he became Blue Beetle and that decision worked out just fine in terms of the quality of the story.



hey do you know where he is now in the nu(new)[nuevo]52? I think i saw him in a jli trade a bit ago but thats it
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:47 pm

I don't get it, what is PC making a character who is Hispanic? Or a character who is in high school? Because I don't see either of those as being inherently a negative.
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:At least he's not driving a Smartcar.

OH NO!! IT'S THE GHOST RIDER IN HIS SMARTCAR FROM HELL!!! LOOK AT THOSE WHEELS OF HELLFIRE!!! NO LOOK! Seriously, if you look hard enough you can... oh now it's tipped over thanks to that gust of wind, you can see... the tires blew out...

Well... he sucks. Bring back flame boobs Ghost Rider.


Seriously, can you even fit real people in those? I'd break apart trying to get into one. And it has what, 3 hamster power?
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Rockman wrote:I don't get it, what is PC making a character who is Hispanic? Or a character who is in high school? Because I don't see either of those as being inherently a negative.


white characters are in danger of being relegated to a minority.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:54 pm

achilles wrote:
Seriously, can you even fit real people in those? I'd break apart trying to get into one. And it has what, 3 hamster power?


0-60mph in one day.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bianco, DJ Convoy, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Tekton Joe and 90 guests