Friday, September 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Giffen already leaving Legion?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Arion wrote:
What are you supposed to do with those cups once you have them?


Store them in a box for 40 years and watch as they done get the thousands of dollars you thought you'd get for them when you put them on e-bay.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Store them in a box for 40 years and watch as they done get the thousands of dollars you thought you'd get for them when you put them on e-bay.


I'll pass. You can keep those cups.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:42 pm

Arion wrote:
I'll pass. You can keep those cups.


Well since I never had them in the first place, I can't.

It really sucked seeing 7-11 commercials on the TV growing up, and knowing there weren't any where I lived. I never had a Slurpee until 2005. :cry:
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 am

Juan Cena wrote:Also, you know the big problem with 7-11 cups? You couldn't even get 'em in the ATL, since there aren't any 7-11's down here.


so because YOU couldn't get them, it means that DC didn't promote the characters?
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 am

Juan Cena wrote:It really sucked seeing 7-11 commercials on the TV growing up, and knowing there weren't any where I lived. I never had a Slurpee until 2005. :cry:

trife!
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Well since I never had them in the first place, I can't.

It really sucked seeing 7-11 commercials on the TV growing up, and knowing there weren't any where I lived. I never had a Slurpee until 2005. :cry:


Really? Where did you live?

(Says the man who lived in South-America).
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Arion wrote:
Really? Where did you live?

(Says the man who lived in South-America).


Near Atlanta.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm

e_galston wrote:
so because YOU couldn't get them, it means that DC didn't promote the characters?


It's about the only time DC did anything like that in the 70's. (Except for the paperback). And it wasn't like DC made a concerted effort to promote the team on its own. You six characters in a series of 60 cups. Easy to get lost in the shuffle there.

The cups barely count as a blip on the radar. Absolute minimum effort there.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:58 am

Juan Cena wrote:
Near Atlanta.


Next to the CDC ?
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Arion wrote:
Next to the CDC ?


In the suburbs. Far away from the CDC.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
In the suburbs. Far away from the CDC.


Ah, OK.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm

And not it seems that Francis Portela will be back doing boring s****y art on Legion again.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43640

DC continues to do the same freaking stuff that's driven Legion into the ground. Like keeping Levitz on the book.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Juan Cena wrote:And not it seems that Francis Portela will be back doing boring s****y art on Legion again.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43640

DC continues to do the same freaking stuff that's driven Legion into the ground. Like keeping Levitz on the book.


Portela... can't remember him. What has he done for DC?
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Arion wrote:
Portela... can't remember him. What has he done for DC?


Jude, did you into hack Arion's account? :smt017


But seriously, he was the first artist on the nu-52 Legion book.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:58 am

Juan Cena wrote:
Store them in a box for 40 years and watch as they don't get the thousands of dollars you thought you'd get for them when you put them on e-bay.


Sounds like our boxes and boxes of comics we all store for future prosperity :lol:


... Wait ... :shock:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Popeye McFly and 52 guests