Advertisement

Giffen already leaving Legion?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1063 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Giffen already leaving Legion?

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Personally, I feel like Dick Eater Lad is being held back by the rest of the Legion. DC should just give him a mature readers solo book.

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Personally, I feel like Dick Eater Lad is being held back by the rest of the Legion. DC should just give him a mature readers solo book.

With his stirring battle cry: "Dang!!"

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:29 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Personally, I feel like Dick Eater Lad is being held back by the rest of the Legion. DC should just give him a mature readers solo book.

Dang right !

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:48 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I'm confused, Nacire. You've been bitching since news broke about Giffen joining this title and now you're bitching because rumor is that he may be leaving :smt017 If it's true, wouldn't that be a good thing to you ?

I'm complaining about how the title has been so mishandled since Meltzer and Johns stabbed Waid in the back with "bringing back" the "classic" Legion (with all its unnecessary retcons). It's been one false start after another.

It's obvious that reviving the old continuity wasn't enough to get sales back to the top of the sales charts. What needed to be done was to re-establish the Legion as a team of young adult heroes, as opposed to them being portrayed as being in their late-20's/early 30's, which Levitz & Giffen had been at the end of the Baxter series run in 1989.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 485 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Well, according to this thread http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-news-stand/keith-giffen-revamp-legion-super-heroes-t90800.html you made the following statements :smt017

Giffen already broke the Legion once with the FYG. The fact DC is letting him do it again is proof that A)It really doesn't give a $#!t about the Legion B)DC is proof that Einstein was correct about his definition of insanity of making the same mistake over and over again, and C) DC is a intellectually bankrupt.

I can think of at least five or six creators who would be better for Legion right now than Giffen. Busiek, Niceza, Simone, Azzarello, Dixon (which sadly won't happen). I'd rather see any of them on the book instead of Giffen, who skews darker with Legion for some reason, at least post 1983.

Do I think Giffen's going to raise sales significantly on Legion looking at these numbers over the long run? Probably not. There might be a little bit of a boost, but I doubt that will last.

So if that isn't working, why would doubling down on the nostalgia with Giffen work?

Giffen is the main person responsible for how the Legion got messed up in the first place. FYG. by going "grim and gritty" removed a few of the prime things that made the Legion work in the first place.

The Legion needs to be fixed. Not shattered into a million little pieces again.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:44 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Well, according to this thread http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-news-stand/keith-giffen-revamp-legion-super-heroes-t90800.html you made the following statements :smt017

Yeah I said all of that.

I also think DC may have considered reuniting Levitz & Giffen as its last best shot to save the book (in DC's eyes, not mine). If Giffen's gone after a few months, I have doubts that DC will do what it takes to salvage the book.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 230 posts
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Vertigo, IMO.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Log-Man wrote:
Vertigo, IMO.

I look forward to Dick Eater Lad's epic 300 issue Vertigo run and subsequent cancellation in order to bring him back into the NuNuNuOldNuDCU.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Or, as it wil be otherwise known, the Neo-Classic NuDCU.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:23 pm

nietoperz wrote:
With his stirring battle cry: "Give it to me, baby!"

Fixed.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I look forward to Dick Eater Lad's epic 300 issue Vertigo run and subsequent cancellation in order to bring him back into the NuNuNuOldNuDCU.

So when will D-E-L cross-over with Just a Little More Blud? Cuz that's the closest your ever gonna see him get to a Vertigo Comic :lol:

- Sons of the Desert

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Instead of the Jim Lee high collar, he'll have a foreskin around his neck.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:30 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Well, according to this thread http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-news-stand/keith-giffen-revamp-legion-super-heroes-t90800.html you made the following statements :smt017

What your missing though is that literally anything that DC does with the Legion that doesn't stick to Nacire's very detailed OCD plan he will complain about ad naseum.

This thread is a perfect example, Giffen was put on Legion Nacire complained, Giffen is off Legion Nacire complains.

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:08 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
So when will D-E-L cross-over with Just a Little More Blud? Cuz that's the closest your ever gonna see him get to a Vertigo Comic :lol:

I can make this happen.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:14 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I can make this happen.

You should probably let Jon or Super handle the character research. You will probably enjoy the superpower research too much.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand