Friday, May 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Giffen already leaving Legion?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

habitual wrote:
What your missing though is that literally anything that DC does with the Legion that doesn't stick to Nacire's very detailed OCD plan he will complain about ad naseum.

This thread is a perfect example, Giffen was put on Legion Nacire complained, Giffen is off Legion Nacire complains.

Hab


Giffen is just another bad mistake by DC that's blown up in their face. It's just a shock at how long it took to happen.

You know why I complain about how DC handles the Legion so much? Because about everything DC has done with Legion since it ran Waid has been a failure.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Giffen is just another bad mistake by DC that's blown up in their face. It's just a shock at how long it took to happen.

You know why I complain about how DC handles the Legion so much? Because about everything DC has done with Legion since it ran Waid has been a failure.


Nothing you're saying counters my point at all.

And your point about Giffen is completely ridiculous.

Hab
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:32 pm

habitual wrote:
Nothing you're saying counters my point at all.

And your point about Giffen is completely ridiculous.

Hab


And you have done nothing to show that DC has done anything right. Because you can't.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:34 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
And you have done nothing to show that DC has done anything right. Because you can't.


That was never my goal, I'm just pointing out that you're a lunatic when it comes to the Legion.

Hab
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Giffen is just another bad mistake by DC that's blown up in their face. It's just a shock at how long it took to happen.

You know why I complain about how DC handles the Legion so much? Because about everything DC has done with Legion since it ran Waid has been a failure.

So why do you still bother reading it?
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Keb wrote:So why do you still bother reading it?


Because this thread was brought to you by the letters: O, C, and D.

Hab
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 am

:lol:
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 am

Keb wrote:So why do you still bother reading it?


Hey, I've seen glimmers of hope every so often. There was the Timber Wolf/Sun Emperor fight where Brin countered Sun Emperor's "animal" taunts with "I'm human!" (Then DC ships him off to Legion Lost and lets DeFalco f**k him over with that s**tty retcon origin... :smt013 )

What have I gotten for the most part? Watching the faded glories of a once-great super-team being told by a writer whose best days were thirty years ago.
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 am

The Nacireman wrote:
I'm sure DC not putting out a comic good enough that people would actually care about it is the bigger culprit.

Look at I Vampire, lots of people were mad that DC canceled what they considered a quality comic, despite the fact that sales were awful. Look at the Journey into Mystery fanatics going postal over at Marvel.

It's different with Legion. Legion fans aren't in love with the quality of the book, they're in love with a nostalgic concept.


The real problem is Legion fans. They're enough of a base that DC tries to make them happy just so a book will sell well enough to get a years worth of issues out, but they're not large enough to make it a hit. While playing to the base, every writer ends up alienating everyone else who hasn't read 30 years worth of stories. Legion is the hardest book to give two shits about ever.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 am

mrorangesoda wrote:
The real problem is Legion fans. They're enough of a base that DC tries to make them happy just so a book will sell well enough to get a years worth of issues out, but they're not large enough to make it a hit. While playing to the base, every writer ends up alienating everyone else who hasn't read 30 years worth of stories. Legion is the hardest book to give two shits about ever.


Bingo. They b!thched and b!tched long enough till they finally got their way, and look what happened? The worst Legion sales in history.
User avatar

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Bingo. They b!thched and b!tched long enough till they finally got their way, and look what happened? The worst Legion sales in history.


"They"? :lol:
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Log-Man wrote:
"They"? :lol:


:lol:
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Log-Man wrote:
"They"? :lol:


:lol:
User avatar

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Log-Man wrote:
"They"? :lol:

Both of them!
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Log-Man wrote:
"They"? :lol:


The ones who whined about the Threeboot.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 83 guests