Advertisement

Giffen already leaving Legion?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Giffen already leaving Legion?

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

habitual wrote:
What your missing though is that literally anything that DC does with the Legion that doesn't stick to Nacire's very detailed OCD plan he will complain about ad naseum.

This thread is a perfect example, Giffen was put on Legion Nacire complained, Giffen is off Legion Nacire complains.

Hab

Giffen is just another bad mistake by DC that's blown up in their face. It's just a shock at how long it took to happen.

You know why I complain about how DC handles the Legion so much? Because about everything DC has done with Legion since it ran Waid has been a failure.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Giffen is just another bad mistake by DC that's blown up in their face. It's just a shock at how long it took to happen.

You know why I complain about how DC handles the Legion so much? Because about everything DC has done with Legion since it ran Waid has been a failure.

Nothing you're saying counters my point at all.

And your point about Giffen is completely ridiculous.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:32 pm

habitual wrote:
Nothing you're saying counters my point at all.

And your point about Giffen is completely ridiculous.

Hab

And you have done nothing to show that DC has done anything right. Because you can't.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:34 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
And you have done nothing to show that DC has done anything right. Because you can't.

That was never my goal, I'm just pointing out that you're a lunatic when it comes to the Legion.

Hab

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 pm

The Nacireman wrote:

So why do you still bother reading it?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Keb wrote:So why do you still bother reading it?

Because this thread was brought to you by the letters: O, C, and D.

Hab

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 am

:lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 am

Keb wrote:So why do you still bother reading it?

Hey, I've seen glimmers of hope every so often. There was the Timber Wolf/Sun Emperor fight where Brin countered Sun Emperor's "animal" taunts with "I'm human!" (Then DC ships him off to Legion Lost and lets DeFalco f**k him over with that s**tty retcon origin... :smt013 )

What have I gotten for the most part? Watching the faded glories of a once-great super-team being told by a writer whose best days were thirty years ago.

- Sons of the Desert

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 am

The Nacireman wrote:
I'm sure DC not putting out a comic good enough that people would actually care about it is the bigger culprit.

Look at I Vampire, lots of people were mad that DC canceled what they considered a quality comic, despite the fact that sales were awful. Look at the Journey into Mystery fanatics going postal over at Marvel.

It's different with Legion. Legion fans aren't in love with the quality of the book, they're in love with a nostalgic concept.

The real problem is Legion fans. They're enough of a base that DC tries to make them happy just so a book will sell well enough to get a years worth of issues out, but they're not large enough to make it a hit. While playing to the base, every writer ends up alienating everyone else who hasn't read 30 years worth of stories. Legion is the hardest book to give two shits about ever.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 am

mrorangesoda wrote:
The real problem is Legion fans. They're enough of a base that DC tries to make them happy just so a book will sell well enough to get a years worth of issues out, but they're not large enough to make it a hit. While playing to the base, every writer ends up alienating everyone else who hasn't read 30 years worth of stories. Legion is the hardest book to give two shits about ever.

Bingo. They b!thched and b!tched long enough till they finally got their way, and look what happened? The worst Legion sales in history.

- Sons of the Desert

Mr. Log
phrase IV

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: I'm starvin'!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Bingo. They b!thched and b!tched long enough till they finally got their way, and look what happened? The worst Legion sales in history.

"They"? :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 30 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Log-Man wrote:

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Log-Man wrote:

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Log-Man wrote:

Both of them!

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Log-Man wrote:

The ones who whined about the Threeboot.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand