Sunday, November 19, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Green Hornet from Kevin Smith and Dynamite

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Anyone else think Dynamite are going a bit overboard with this franchise? The first issue is entertaining enough, but does it really need 15 variant covers? Also, planning to flood the market with spin-offs "The Green Hornet Strikes", "Kato", "The Green Hornet: Year One" and "Kato:Origins" BEORE the main title has even been launched seems like a recipe for disaster. I know there's a movie on the way, but I bought this mainly out of nostalgia for the old Bruce Lee TV series.
opinions?

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:36 pm

I thought was crazy they have the smith book,the wagner book and book about the chick kato

it's green hornet I'm not 96 years old I don't give a fuck

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:37 pm

skywatcher wrote:Anyone else think Dynamite are going a bit overboard with this franchise? The first issue is entertaining enough, but does it really need 15 variant covers? Also, planning to flood the market with spin-offs "The Green Hornet Strikes", "Kato", "The Green Hornet: Year One" and "Kato:Origins" BEORE the main title has even been launched seems like a recipe for disaster. I know there's a movie on the way, but I bought this mainly out of nostalgia for the old Bruce Lee TV series.
opinions?

When I was reading my Project Superpowers, I was shocked at the quantity of spinoffs from a book that hadn't come out yet.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm only interested in the Wagner series.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Punchy wrote:I'm only interested in the Wagner series.

me to

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Chesscub wrote:I was shocked at the quantity of spinoffs from a book that hadn't come out yet.

I can understand spin offs of an already successful character or title, but what on earth makes Dynamite think there will be such demand? Any or all of those creators could have produced work to be published in one title. By diluting the material across multiple series, they will only succeed in minimising their potential sales IMHO.
Don't get me started on their multiple covers for each issue.....

leave a comment with facebook