Advertisement

Green Lantern (Alan Scott) Question

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 am

chap22 wrote:well, that's the thing, Alan's power doesn't actually come from a ring anymore; it's internalized within him. he just makes himself a ring to use as a channel for the power/somewhat reminder of simpler times.

Right. I know that part. But I assume he doesn't have all the power of the Star Heart, since he was splitting some of that power with his daughter (Jade).

So is it possible for somebody else to tap into that power if they had a ring?

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 am

MoneyMelon wrote:Right. I know that part. But I assume he doesn't have all the power of the Star Heart, since he was splitting some of that power with his daughter (Jade).

So is it possible for somebody else to tap into that power if they had a ring?

i don't think a GL ring would do it; it would have to be a ring carved from the meteor/Starheart itself; it's actually a different power source than the central power battery on Oa. more wild magic than cosmic sci-fi. i think...hell, i dunno.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:06 am

chap22 wrote:i don't think a GL ring would do it; it would have to be a ring carved from the meteor/Starheart itself; it's actually a different power source than the central power battery on Oa. more wild magic than cosmic sci-fi. i think...hell, i dunno.

Hmmm

I need Geoff Johns' phone number. I bet he's already figured all this out.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand