Advertisement

Green Lantern Corps #6 (So am I Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern Corps #6 (So am I Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:55 am

I’ve been a bit down on this title for how grim and serious it’s been, but this issue was probably the most serious it’s been so far and I really enjoyed it. The moment where John Stewart broke that GL who was about to betray him’s neck was hardcore. I was sceptical by how this series has turned toe GL Corps from a police force into an army, but this issue made it work somewhat, seeing them come in all guns blazing was cool. It’s all made to work by Fernando Pasarin’s art, he really is great and I’d love to see him on a bigger title such as Superman, I think he’d do a great Supes. I also really liked the ending where the Keepers were forced to dig graves for an entire planet of their victims, that’s like something out of an old EC Comic.

Advertisement

SaturnKnight
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Green Lantern Corps #6 (So am I Spoilers)

Postby SaturnKnight » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Punchy wrote:I’ve been a bit down on this title for how grim and serious it’s been, but this issue was probably the most serious it’s been so far and I really enjoyed it. The moment where John Stewart broke that GL who was about to betray him’s neck was hardcore. I was sceptical by how this series has turned toe GL Corps from a police force into an army, but this issue made it work somewhat, seeing them come in all guns blazing was cool. It’s all made to work by Fernando Pasarin’s art, he really is great and I’d love to see him on a bigger title such as Superman, I think he’d do a great Supes. I also really liked the ending where the Keepers were forced to dig graves for an entire planet of their victims, that’s like something out of an old EC Comic.

I wanted to like this issue, but I really didn't. John Stewart kills a GL...again? Seriously? Ugh. Enough already. After Mosaic and Mogo, I'm more than a little sick of the only non-white GL being turned into a hardcore killer. Okay, okay, yes, Hal killed Krona. But even he got his mass murder of fellow GLs retconned away. "John Stewart, GL Killer/Planet Killer" has been beaten to death.

Fernando Pasarin is brilliant. Like many of the New 52 artists, I see a very bright future for him.

I hope the next arc isn't nearly as grim and gritty. Tomasi's stories here have gotten way too violent for my tastes. This book needs to lighten up a bit.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:40 pm

SaturnKnight wrote:
I wanted to like this issue, but I really didn't. John Stewart kills a GL...again? Seriously? Ugh. Enough already. After Mosaic and Mogo, I'm more than a little sick of the only non-white GL being turned into a hardcore killer. Okay, okay, yes, Hal killed Krona. But even he got his mass murder of fellow GLs retconned away. "John Stewart, GL Killer/Planet Killer" has been beaten to death.

Fernando Pasarin is brilliant. Like many of the New 52 artists, I see a very bright future for him.

I hope the next arc isn't nearly as grim and gritty. Tomasi's stories here have gotten way too violent for my tastes. This book needs to lighten up a bit.

Actually I agreed with John killing him. Hes a military man its exactly what he would have done to protect everyone or the mission.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

SaturnKnight
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby SaturnKnight » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 am

avengingtitan wrote:
Actually I agreed with John killing him. Hes a military man its exactly what he would have done to protect everyone or the mission.

True. But it would've been nice to see Guy Gardner do it instead. For a change.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:41 am

SaturnKnight wrote:

Why bring race into this?

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 pm

SaturnKnight wrote:True. But it would've been nice to see Guy Gardner do it instead. For a change.

Guy at the end of the day isnt a military man. He can fight but he has a little hope. John was special forces and will preserve the mission at any cost. Plus Guy wasnt there.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand