Advertisement

Green Lantern #6 (Did you change your tie? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Green Lantern #6 (Did you change your tie? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Sinestro as GL continues to work really well in spite of itself. This issue was mainly a bridge between the last arc and the big stuff coming up in the book (see the page where Sinestro gets a glimpse of the future). Now obviously Hal Jordan isn’t going to get killed, but we already know that the Indigo Tribe will play a big role and that the Guardians (twats!) will be creating a new Corps, this issue just confirmed. But it did so by adding some good character bits, such as Hal Jordan actually becoming a human being for the first time in decades and not wanting to be Green Lantern again, as well as the introduction of a new character in Starstorm. Starstorm is the former ‘nemesis’ of Sinestro, which if you think about it means he used to be a hero until good ol’ Thaal humiliated him and made him a suicidal hobo. I hope this character sticks around, he sheds some new light on Sinestro. Mike Choi steps in on this issue’s art duties, and while his stuff here isn’t as polished as his covers, or the pages he did for Demon Knights a few months ago, it still looks good, and even more impressive is that he colours it himself.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 412 posts

Re: Green Lantern #6 (Did you change your tie? Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:35 pm

I really liked this issue. It almost made me like Hal.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Marius665
Society Member

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Marius665 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Am I supposed to be familiar with Starstorm?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1497 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Marius665 wrote:Am I supposed to be familiar with Starstorm?

Nope, they are just adding to the mythology of Sinestro. He was an intergalactic villain for a long time, so he was bound to have made other enemies than just Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

Marius665
Society Member

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Marius665 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:29 am

Okay.
Because I've been reading GL since REBIRTH and I don't recall that character.
So thanks.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand