Advertisement

Green Lantern: New Guardians #5 (Thunder-Palm Style Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern: New Guardians #5 (Thunder-Palm Style Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Thankfully this issue featured hardly any Larfleeze, so it was automatically an improvement over the last one. I even quite liked Glomulus, if we could get rid of his master and just have Glommy, that would be fine by me. This issue was good in that it allowed for there to be a bit more of a focus on the non-Kyle members of this ‘team’, so we got to spend some time with Arkillo, Saint Walker and Fatality, and most intriguingly, a bit of exploration of the Indigo Tribe. The Indigo Lanterns have been the only Corps not to get a storyline really focussed on them so far, so I hope it’s coming, I reckon there’s a dark secret. I wonder what the deal is with the planets in the Orrery? Okaara and Tamaran have both been destroyed right? Interesting, are we going to see a Krypton? I wonder why a Morgan Freeman movie about Rugby would do such a thing. (That’s an Invictus joke, not a very good one I know, barely even a joke).

Advertisement

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Re: Green Lantern: New Guardians #5 (Thunder-Palm Style Spoi

Postby Timbales » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:28 pm

I wonder the Tamaraneans looked different from Starfire?
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 309 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 am

The solicits for upcoming issues say that the Indigo secrets will be revealed soon. 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 381 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 pm

yeah isn't the Indigo storyline the next arc in GL?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 854 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:The solicits for upcoming issues say that the Indigo secrets will be revealed soon. 8)

Yeah, that is supposed to be the next arc in the main Green Lantern title. Unfortunately, I didn't care for the Indigo Tribe when they were first introduced, the haven't grown on me yet, and it's been so long since they were introduced that I really don't care about their back story.

As far as this book is concerned, I find myself really enjoying it more than I thought I would. I liked the little hints that Larfleeze's constructs may be slightly more sentient than originally thought. The concept of all of these planets being trapped within the Orrery is definitely I intriguing. Are they actually versions of these planets from one of the alternate 51 universes or just detailed copies?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand