Advertisement

Green Lantern #5 (Tenth Chance Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern #5 (Tenth Chance Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

OK, I admit, and this is rare for me, I’ve changed my mind, Sinestro as Green Lantern isn’t a dumb idea, it’s actually worked out really well and improved this book a lot. Not only has Johns’ man-crush on Sinestro been given a proper place by having him actually be heroic, but it’s also made Hal Jordan a much stronger character. Without the power ring to make him a cocky ass, Hal is actually acting like a human being and it’s good to see. I feel weird not hating him, and I’m sure that when he eventually gets his ring back he’ll go back to his bad old ways and I’ll despise the jock dickhead just as much as before, but this is fun while it lasts. I will say that Johns is going too far in making the Guardians evil now, it’s just ridiculous, it’s a good job they don’t have moustaches, because if they did, they’d be twisted into submission!

Advertisement

COBRA Command
cheese

Liked in: 21 posts
Title: It's all about me.
Formerly: US Agent

Re: Green Lantern #5 (Tenth Chance Spoilers)

Postby COBRA Command » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:27 am

I really like Sinestro as a GL and I hope they keep it going for awhile.

Got a feeling the Guardians are possessed by some evil force. Probably when Hal killed Krona, his essence somehow infected them.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 am

Add me to the list of people that actually like Sinestro being the star of the book. It's worked well.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Sinestro has always been more interesting than Hal and I like Hal.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 141 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm

I'd love love LOVE it if, when the Justice League makes the five year jump to the present, Sinestro was the team's GL. Dare to dream...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand