Advertisement

Grifter #6 (Everyone say cheese Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Grifter #6 (Everyone say cheese Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:05 pm

This issue was a bit of a disappointment really, after a lot of big build-up, the climax to Grifter’s initial fight with the Daemonites and the Black Curate was rushed and rather confusing. I had really enjoyed the first 4 or so issues of this book, but I think I may now drop this after Edmondson leaves, the concept of the title isn’t really appealing to me any more. I think that they rushed the title into full-on cosmic war a bit too soon, and he became uber-capable way too quickly. I think I would have preferred a slower pace, with Cole facing more low-key threats in more realistic settings before coming face to face with the Black Curate. This book seemed to be about a normal criminal coming into contact with an unknown world, but that unknown became known way too soon. It looks like the ending of this one has something to do with Superman #1 and Stormwatch, so we’ll see how that goes, but really… the ball was dropped with this one.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts

Re: Grifter #6 (Everyone say cheese Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:36 pm

I agree this book finally was starting to be interesting but then it all went to hell in one issue.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby TS Punk » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:23 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I agree this book finally was starting to be interesting but then it all went to hell in one issue.

And now Liefeld is gonna be in charge so it is just bound to get worse from here on out.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 pm

TS PUNK wrote:
And now Liefeld is gonna be in charge so it is just bound to get worse from here on out.

Yea dont remind me.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 158 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:39 am

While its annoying how Daemonites seem to have become Cthulhu like energy thingys, this whole Black Curate was stupid and the Stormwatch base brain being a Daemonite is also stupid.

Mixing Grifter with nothing but cosmic crap was a bad move considering where his best stories were (Sleeper, Point Blank, Wildcats v2 & 3.0 etc.)

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand