Advertisement

Grifter #8 (I hear you, brother Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Grifter #8 (I hear you, brother Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 am

Nate Edmondson ends his Grifter run in the same way he begun it, with Grifter jumping out of a plane. This was a strong issue, and one that really demonstrated this book’s strengths, it can deliver a great action set piece. The fight between Cole and a Daemonite in the body of his brother Max at the Eiffel Tower was excellent, well-paced by Edmondson and well-drawn by Daniel Sampere, an artist who is new to me, but did a good job. I liked that Cole did end up killing Max, it showed he’s a bad-ass not to be messed with. The last page of the issue is also interesting, indicating that the events of these opening 8 issues have been manipulated by Tsavo all along, and that he wanted Max to kill the other Daemonites. That’s an intriguing development. It was kind of weird how this issue killed of Sofia so quickly, but then I guess Edmondson kind of had to clear the decks for Tieri and Liefeld’s run. I’m intrigued about that run, Liefeld gets a bad rap, but he does know how to deliver action, and Frank Tieri is a very underrated writer. I think their Grifter could surprise a lot of people.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand