Advertisement

Grifter #11 (Sticks and stones Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Grifter #11 (Sticks and stones Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:15 am

This title continues to be a crazy, fun, if not a little stupid, ride. It is a little jarring how different the book is now to how it was under Nathan Edmondson, but different is good I suppose. This issue features Grifter, Deathblow and the rest taking on ‘Synge’ a villain so completely Liefeld I’d say it was taking the piss if this book wasn’t co-written by The Rob himself. It’s weird to see Grifter have such powerful telekinesis so quickly, but it did make for a cool scene with him collapsing an entire forest on top of Synge, this book has just become like a comics version of the Expendables or Crank or something, crazy stuff happens and it’s awesome. Niko betraying the team kind of came out of the blue, but I’m interested to see what happens now that Helspont is involved, are we going to get a crossover between Superman and Grifter? That would be weird. Marat Mychaels draws this issue, and it was interesting, his style is like the exact half-way point between Scott Clark’s and Rob Liefeld’s. Did they work it out mathematically?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand