Advertisement

Grifter #12 (Take that alien scumbags Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Grifter #12 (Take that alien scumbags Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:43 pm

It blows my mind how quickly this book has gone from being a relatively down-to-earth crime/sci-fi mash-up to a full on massive alien space-ship getting blown to smithereens. But it’s not a bad thing, Liefeld and Tieri are going for it with this book, and it’s a whole lot of dumb fun. In this issue, Grifter and Deathblow are captives of the ridiculously over-the-top Helspont who rants and raves at them before Grifter reveals he deliberately let himself get caught, and breaks free to cause some explosions. This book is everything that’s good about Liefeld-style comics really, it’s bug, dumb and full of massive guns and plot twists. Scott Clark returns on art this week, and it’s as good as usual, he manages to make all of the Liefeldian bombast a little bit less… silly, for want of a better word. I just realised that everything I’ve said about this issue is a back-handed compliment, but I genuinely did enjoy it, I swear.

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 146 posts

Re: Grifter #12 (Take that alien scumbags Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Well God bless you for taking the hit to read and review this book. I'm clearly not man enough to take up that challenge.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand