Friday, May 6, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "For when life fails you."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Guardians of the Galaxy #17

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:39 am

Yeah, this series is great...it hurts to say that to any bends book. And while its a little jarring to go from Bradshaw to Oeming it actually makes me want Oeming on the book. Also, I really like Angela and Gamora together. Give them a spinoff series.

Supersoldier Washout

rubber spoon

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

I just dropped the title. Wasn't feeling it.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:47 pm

This issue didn't suck completely.

Curse my love of the Guardians.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:22 pm

This hasn't been a bad series so far, but having said that, I enjoyed DnA and Giffen written Cosmic Marvel a lot more than this series.

I am interested in seeing where things are going with Venom.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Stephen Day wrote:This hasn't been a bad series so far, but having said that, I enjoyed DnA and Giffen written Cosmic Marvel a lot more than this series.

I am interested in seeing where things are going with Venom.

Yeah that didn't really make any sense. Why was Venom hiding in the shadows and why did he just let them go instead of being like, hey guys I'm over here....and why put him on the team just what 4 issues ago?

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:38 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Yeah that didn't really make any sense. Why was Venom hiding in the shadows and why did he just let them go instead of being like, hey guys I'm over here....and why put him on the team just what 4 issues ago?

I'm assuming the more chaotic side of Venom has taken over at this point, and that's why he didn't come out of the shadows. When he killed all of those Skrulls last issue, the venom tongue appeared and that hasn't been seen, as far as I know, since Flash took over as the host.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

I temporarily dropped this book after the "Trial of Jean Grey" but I plan to pick it up next issue for the long overdue Richard Rider/Cancerverse/Why are Thanos, Drax, and Star-Lord still alive explanations. Have I missed anything important outside of Captain Marvel and Venom joining the team?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Grayson wrote:I temporarily dropped this book after the "Trial of Jean Grey" but I plan to pick it up next issue for the long overdue Richard Rider/Cancerverse/Why are Thanos, Drax, and Star-Lord still alive explanations. Have I missed anything important outside of Captain Marvel and Venom joining the team?

just the most fun arc of the book. the whole team got "divide and conquered" and had to fight to escape some pretty horrible circumstances. i'm a sucker for those kinds of team stories, but it was really fun IMO.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:17 pm

chap22 wrote:just the most fun arc of the book. the whole team got "divide and conquered" and had to fight to escape some pretty horrible circumstances. i'm a sucker for those kinds of team stories, but it was really fun IMO.

Every time Chap like a book I do...I feel validated.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Grayson wrote:I temporarily dropped this book after the "Trial of Jean Grey" but I plan to pick it up next issue for the long overdue Richard Rider/Cancerverse/Why are Thanos, Drax, and Star-Lord still alive explanations. Have I missed anything important outside of Captain Marvel and Venom joining the team?

This.

It better at least attempt to make some sense.

Hab

Supersoldier Washout

rubber spoon

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:03 am

The movie makes me want to pick the series up again. I started reading it during the pretty awful "Trial of Jean Grey" storyline and haven't been too impressed. The only of Bendis series I like is "Uncanny X-Men". Not liking "All New X-Men" either.

Johnny Smith

Expert Post Whore

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:51 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:The movie makes me want to pick the series up again. I started reading it during the pretty awful "Trial of Jean Grey" storyline and haven't been too impressed. The only of Bendis series I like is "Uncanny X-Men". Not liking "All New X-Men" either.

the Guardians didn't do much during the crossover except

1. they provided a free space taxi service to the trial for the "All New X-Men"
2. the Peter Quill/Kitty Pryde flirting

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:49 am

Johnny Smith wrote:
the Guardians didn't do much during the crossover except

1. they provided a free space taxi service to the trial for the "All New X-Men"
2. the Peter Quill/Kitty Pryde flirting

Not a fan of the Kitty Pryde thing. It's just stupid fanboy crap.

Guardians fans ( at least this one) are not like X-men fans. We want cool adventures in space, not teeny-bopper relationship garbage. Please keep the X-Men out of my space opera.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:52 am

Rikk Odinson wrote:
Not a fan of the Kitty Pryde thing. It's just stupid fanboy crap.

Guardians fans ( at least this one) are not like X-men fans. We want cool adventures in space, not teeny-bopper relationship garbage. Please keep the X-Men out of my space opera.

But it usually turns out well for them...Image

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:58 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
But it usually turns out well for them...Image

It's funny because some of my favorite X-Men stories have been with them in space. The last X-men story I actually enjoyed was Brubakers run actually.
I would just like the Guardians to have less ties to Earth than they already do and bringing Kitty Pryde in as a supporting character just adds to those connections.
It's for those reasons I hope the Venom thing just goes away too.

leave a comment with facebook