Advertisement

Guillem March Responds to Superman/Wonder Woman Cover Controversy

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Surprise: you're wrong.

Ol' Jude Terror has been taking it easy* over the long holiday weekend, but I'm always watching you, internet, mostly in hopes that someone will mention my name somewhere and I can revel in the attention. And so, I was quite pleased last night to find an article on Bleeding Cool covering Guillem March's response to fandom's reaction to his horrific post-coital Superman/Wonder Woman #3 cover:

We've seen worse.

BC's chief rumormonger and fellow megalomaniac Rich Johnston was kind enough to include a  quote in the build-up from yours truly, from an article titled Rob Liefeld's Art Is Improving: Superman/Wonder Woman #3 Variant Cover:

Notice post-coital Superman, who must have expended a lot of “energy” here judging by the super-stain on his pants, is absorbing solar radiation to “recharge,” while Wonder Woman appears to have visited Michael Jackson’s plastic surgeon for a nose job, and had her eyes replaced with those of a Japanese anime sex doll.

Heh. I really am a shit-talking asshole. Well, at least I wear it well.

In any case, people also took issue with Wonder Woman's left leg, which, in addition to some awful coloring that makes it look like she's applied way too much spray tan in a failed attempt to cover up the unsightly bruising in her pubic area, appears to have an ankle attached directly to the thigh. In any case, this was apparently done on purpose, as March pointed out on his blog:

Thanks to all the people that liked this cover. For those of you who have been complaining about WW´s leg (I don´t know which one), below you can see how a muscled female leg looks like (Google woman+leg+muscle, it´s easy).

Oh, Guillem, Guillem, Guillem. What you were looking for there was the ol' LMGTFY. Here's the picture he posted as an example:

Look! The painting in the background of the picture on the right shows the bottom half of Wonder Woman's leg from the cover!

So there you have it. That female leg is just "muscled," and anyway, he doesn't even know which leg you're all talking about. Just taking a guess, you know? Guessing it's that one where the knee is smaller than her elbow. That's probably the one. But there's nothing wrong with that one, so it could be the other one. March has no idea. So stop letting your sexist objectification of the female form cause you to unfairly judge March's true-to-life depiction of a strong, muscled woman who has had her calf amputated, shrunken to one third of its natural size, and then surgically attached to the thigh of a svelte Wonder Woman.

Perhaps next time, March will just crop the knee out entirely to avoid all this hullaballoo, just like he cropped the copyright watermark out of that picture that he found in the aforementioned easy Google search:

How come my glutes never look that good in a thong?

Glad we got that cleared up. I now return you to your regularly scheduled Xaraan articles.

* - eaten himself into a coma-like state

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Jim Ritchey
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Guillem March Responds to Superman/Wonder Woman Cover Controversy

Postby Jim Ritchey » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:05 pm

The last 2 photos in your article were mesmerizing. The things you were writing were interesting--before that. "I'll be in my bunk.". :D

Max Miller Dowdle
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Guillem March Responds to Superman/Wonder Woman Cover Controversy

Postby Max Miller Dowdle » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:40 pm

The legs are bad enough, but the real crime is the junction between Wonder Woman's neck and jaw. Angles?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Re: RE: Guillem March Responds to Superman/Wonder Woman Cove

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:48 pm

FBtron wrote:The legs are bad enough, but the real crime is the junction between Wonder Woman's neck and jaw. Angles?

The sad part is the art could have been decent if they got all the angles correctly before making it to print.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Re: Guillem March Responds to Superman/Wonder Woman Cover Co

Postby superfictious » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

If only every shitty cover were a controversy.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1147 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:03 pm

I really liked March in Gotham City Sirens. He's not a bad artist. They can't all be winners. Just look at some of the shitty articles I write. Comic book pros should be less defensive. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:19 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I really liked March in Gotham City Sirens. He's not a bad artist. They can't all be winners. Just look at some of the shitty articles I write. Comic book pros should be less defensive. :lol:

He fucked up and should've just taken his medicine. There was an initial overreaction to the musculature, imo, (not an overreaction to the missing knee though :lol: ) but now he's made it worse by responding and "showing" us whathow a muscular female leg looks. I swear I don't understand what creators are thinking these days.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1147 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:28 pm

superfictious wrote:
He fucked up and should've just taken his medicine. There was an initial overreaction to the musculature, imo, (not an overreaction to the missing knee though :lol: ) but now he's made it worse by responding and "showing" us whathow a muscular female leg looks. I swear I don't understand what creators are thinking these days.

It was the pretending like he didn't see what people were talking about that made me laugh the most. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:36 pm

How about we all just agree that Superman banged her so hard he dislocated several of her joints ?
That might also explain her fucked up eyes. :twisted:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:40 pm

:smt102 I don't have a problem with March and love his art.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:59 pm

No amount of explaining will change the fact that Wonder Woman's left leg is disturbingly misshapen. In fact, giving us references to what a real muscular leg should look like only makes this whole thing worse.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Fandom is the last place you want to post a message that says "This is why you're wrong..." YOU WILL NEVER WIN THAT FIGHT!!!

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:52 pm

superfictious wrote:Image

LMFAO! :-D :-D :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand