Advertisement

Hawkeye #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42772
Likes: 227 posts
Liked in: 201 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby nietoperz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Fine, no one has ever suffered as you do. But it's important you're aware that the next time you ignore warnings and start insulting others or name-calling, your account will be deleted entirely.
Image

Advertisement

The Bass
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 pm

If I was an indie book, I'd be overhyped out the wazoo, before my creator took the smart choice and abandoned me to write a b-list DC book.

The Bass
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:31 pm

nietoperz wrote:Fine, no one has ever suffered as you do. But it's important you're aware that the next time you ignore warnings and start insulting others or name-calling, your account will be deleted entirely.


Where in my last few posts today have I insulted someone? Are you that trigger happy, that desperate to ban me because I don't like the almighty Kirkman?

I wouldn't be surprised if you edited my posts to suit your agenda, and banned me anyway.

Are you trying to get an interview with Bob on this site, or something? And you can't have dissenting opinion shown? I'm genuinely curious why you'd publicly rebuke me in such a fashion.

The Bass
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

By the way, for anyone interested - there was no warning attached to my latest banning and censorship. No Private Message warning, no courtesy, my account was just deactivated. Politeness obviously a thing of the past. And I've been blocked from viewing the Marvel Now Preview threads.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12261
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:36 pm

We don't possess the ability to block anyone from viewing any thread in any public forum. Sure, we can prevent you from posting, but not viewing.

If you can't do that, it's a problem on your end, not ours.
Image

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42772
Likes: 227 posts
Liked in: 201 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby nietoperz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:38 pm

The Bass wrote:
Where in my last few posts today have I insulted someone? Are you that trigger happy, that desperate to ban me because I don't like the almighty Kirkman?

I wouldn't be surprised if you edited my posts to suit your agenda, and banned me anyway.

Are you trying to get an interview with Bob on this site, or something? And you can't have dissenting opinion shown? I'm genuinely curious why you'd publicly rebuke me in such a fashion.


Actually, I was counterpointing your assertion of censorship - the one you made as your first post back after being suspended for telling someone to fuck off, despite being warned to stop making personal insults. And no, I'm not about to edit anyone's posts: you're more than capable of flying off the handle of your own volition.

Also, it would be lovely to have an interview with Kirkman. I'm not a fan personally, but that's neither here nor there. If we did have an interview I wouldn't suddenly start liking The Walking Dead - I don't, and have said so before. And of course, if he is ever interviewed and you have somehow managed not to get yourself banned in the interim, you're welcome to criticise him and his work all you want. You can even make fun of his weight, if you like: that, as ever, reflects more on you than it does on him.

As I say, though: next time you tell another poster to fuck off or sling insults around, you're gone. We have a log of how many times you have been warned about exactly that over the past year or so, and it's plain that enough is enough.
Image

The Bass
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:40 pm

I called bullshit on the "Lol Tron" threads for taking the piss out of the Marvel Now Relaunches, I get banned and censored, and suddenly I cant access any of the threads?
Image

Very convenient.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12261
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:45 pm

:lol: Keep coming up with a level of seperation that our forum software can't provide. Unless somehow Jude had Loltron SuperIgnore you (which I highly doubt), we have no way from keeping you to look at and agonize over our incredibly snarky articles about single word teasers.
Image

The Bass
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm

nietoperz wrote:


You do know the expression "Oh Fuck Off" is used, the world over as an exclamation of surprise, and not strictly considered an insult.

But, whatever. You want me banned to amuse yourself. You can't handle the fact that I have an opinion that disagrees with yours. Free speech is all well and good, until its someone elses speech.

And the funny thing is: I don't think any other mod has harassed me as much as you have.

The Bass
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:47 pm

BlueMole wrote:: we have no way from keeping you to look at and agonize over our incredibly snarky articles about single word teasers.


Incredibly disrespectful articles about books that people like myself are excited about. I don't see you doing the same to "Revival", or whatever the fuck lousy Image book is being launched this week.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34451
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:56 pm

I actually think The Bass is right here, saying 'Oh Fuck Off' is not an insult, in fact, I've posted it myself on several occasions.

Maybe Nieto wouldn't have a problem if you said 'Oh Do Fuck Off', it's more formal that way.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12261
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:58 pm

The Bass wrote:
Incredibly disrespectful articles about books that people like myself are excited about. I don't see you doing the same to "Revival", or whatever the fuck lousy Image book is being launched this week.


We take an irreverant and satirical look at the comic book industry while promoting the comics we enjoy. The key is that the vast majority of these articles are meant to be taken lightly with a grain of salt. If you don't like it, feel free to hop on over to CBR and enjoy the near fellatiating and earnest tone they give to Marvel and DC books in exchange for press copies and exclusive access to teasers to books that Rich Johnston leaked months ago.

Also, Image was the first people to yell at us for us making fun of them. Not our fault if you only read the articles that interest you.
Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16210
Likes: 258 posts
Liked in: 352 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Punchy wrote:I actually think The Bass is right here, saying 'Oh Fuck Off' is not an insult, in fact, I've posted it myself on several occasions.

Maybe Nieto wouldn't have a problem if you said 'Oh Do Fuck Off', it's more formal that way.


Oh Fuck off.

Couldn't help it. Keep up the punchin'
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

The Bass
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby The Bass » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm telling you: Nieto is just desperate to find an excuse to ban and censor me, so he'll perceive anything I say as an insult, against him, or Bob Kirkman.

C'mon, Dave, poke the bear............I hate Scott Snyder too...

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16210
Likes: 258 posts
Liked in: 352 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Hawkeye #1

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm

The Bass wrote:I'm telling you: Nieto is just desperate to find an excuse to ban and censor me, so he'll perceive anything I say as an insult, against him, or Bob Kirkman.

C'mon, Dave, poke the bear............I hate Scott Snyder too...


You don't get out much do you?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 351 guests

Advertisement