Advertisement

Hellblazer #285 (Biography of the bloody guitar Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Hellblazer #285 (Biography of the bloody guitar Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Another solid issue of a really enjoyable story arc, although I’m still freaked out by seeing people other than Constantine wearing the coat. I love the fact that Milligan brought Marc Bolan of T-Rex into the back-story here, and how, in the world of Hellblazer, he didn’t die by crashing his car into a tree, but was instead killed by a demon, it’s the kind of thing this book does well, hinting at a dark world of magic hiding beneath the real one. The scene with John smashing the guitar used by Hendrix was also great. I’m not sure about the stuff with the Mafia, but it’s the type of enemy Constantine doesn’t face all that often, so it should be fun. Carli Ihde’s finishes gave Camuncoli’s art a different feel than Landini’s do, and it worked pretty damn well, a bit scratchier, but still very much the same style.

Advertisement

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 167 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Re: Hellblazer #285 (Biography of the bloody guitar Spoilers

Postby oogy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:19 pm

My shop was shorted their entire shipment of this book. :smt013

They think they'll get some next week though.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand