Advertisement

Hellblazer #288 (The Horny Lass Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Hellblazer #288 (The Horny Lass Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 am

This arc of Hellblazer really is great stuff, possibly among the best stories the title has had, and that’s saying something with the quality this book has had for years, nay, decades. John tries to trick Satan who also tries to trick him over the fate of his sister’s soul. The scenes were John goes to visit his sister in Hell were brilliant, very dark, and very gripping. The page of the blood-soaked bed was a shocking visual, and although the revelation as to why Cheryl was in Hell was probably something we could all see coming, it made sense. Much like last issue, the real horror actually came in the ‘real’ world, rather than the underworld, with the relationship between Gemma and Terry continuing to reap very scary fruit. Is she dead? Who knows, but I can’t wait to find out. If you’re not reading Hellblazer, you’re missing out on one of the most daring comics out there, one that’s not afraid to go for it.

Advertisement

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 119 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Re: Hellblazer #288 (The Horny Lass Spoilers)

Postby oogy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Great issue as always, but the art seemed a little off here. Giuseppe (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) is fantastic, but this felt a little rushed. It may have just been the inking, but it wasn't as good as he usually is IMO.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand