Advertisement

Hellblazer #293 (Occupy Vertigo Comics Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Hellblazer #293 (Occupy Vertigo Comics Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 pm

John reluctantly begins his search for his missing nephew, but I wasn’t really feeling this issue, it felt like there was too much going on and the connections between them don’t really make sense. At least, they don’t make sense yet. I continue to love seeing Milligan bring in contemporary political and social issues and giving them a unique Hellblazer-twist, so it was great to see ‘Occupy’ show up here, I can just picture Constantine sniggering at their idealism. But how the heck did ‘Finnbar’ (who I’m guessing is Constantine’s nephew) get all the way from Ireland to London to get involved with the weird fairy or whatever it was that killed that poor kid? (Or to be more precise, didn’t kill, that was disturbing). It seemed like the two were connected, but I dunno. And what was with John suddenly getting jealous and beating up those guys? Was that magical influences? Or just inner stress? Hopefully the rest of this arc will answer all of my burning questions (and more) because this first issue was a little disparate for me.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand