Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Help Me. BatKid!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Help Me. BatKid!

I’m gonna cry

Source: LIVE UPDATES: Batkid's Make-a-Wish Transforms San Francisco Into Gotham

There are days when I don’t want to get out of bed for fear of bumping into and having to interact with, what I laughingly call, my fellow humans. My Lord, we are a bunch of shellfish douchebags, aren’t we.

But then, something happens that just makes my day:

All day, liveblog.abcnews.go.com has been covering BatKid, and his quest to save San Fransico from the clutches of the Penguin:

A little boy will get the surprise of a lifetime today when San Francisco transforms into Gotham City to fulfill the 5-year-old leukemia patient's wish to be Batman for a day.

The Make-a-Wish Foundation has created an entire day catered to Miles' dream.

Miles' day will include seeing a breaking news story on a TV. The police chief will be asking whether anyone knows where BatKid is because he needs his help to solve a crime and "bringing the bad guys to justice," Make-a-Wish said in a statement.

He'll spend the afternoon rescuing a damsel in distress tied up across the Hyde Street cable car line and capturing the Puzzler in the act of robbing a downtown vault. As BatKid eats his lunch at Burger Bar, he'll get a special message from the chief, telling him to go to the window where he'll look out over Union Square and see a huge group of volunteers jumping up and down and asking for his help.

A villain will be kidnapping a famous San Francisco mascot and BatKid will rush to the rescue. His last stop will be City Hall, where the mayor and police chief will thank him and present him with a key to the city and a crowd will be cheering him on.

Even the San Fransicio Giants took part in BatKid Day:

I’m sorry, I was busy cutting onions *sniff*

You can follow the adventures of BatKid live here. Now excuse me, I have something in my eye.

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:09 pm

This whole thing they've set up for him is really great.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Results for #SFBatKid

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:15 pm

RU, you big pussy. :lol:

Yeah, the whole thing is great.

SF finally does something right...

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Fucking awesome!!!

Well done San Fran!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:14 pm

This was cool to hear about.

I wonder how long Jude will be in jail for being Tobias Whale?

WHAT?! It's a joke!

TheLurker

dINGO

Postby TheLurker » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:58 am

The cast of "Arrow" posted a Thank You Batkid video.

THAT is cool, too.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:19 am

This is one of those events that make you think the world has hope. Unlike the rest of the news.

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Make A Wish is cool, and brings out a lot of the best in people. One thing I didn't get in all the coverage I saw was how the kid is. Getting better hopefully? I don't really even know if there's a cure for that, or even an effective treatment.

In any event, kudos for all those involved in giving him a great day.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm

This. It gives me hope that there's a segment of humanity that actually gives a damn. Awesome! Go, Batkid,

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:59 pm

This is the type of story that I wish there was more of. It's great that the city came together and created such a special day for Miles. Hopefully we will hear about more stories like this in the future.

adamiani

Helter Skelter

Postby adamiani » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:02 pm

"And if you liked that, you're going to love the gritty New-52 version!"

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:26 pm

This is the most awesome thing ever...

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:57 pm

The kid's living the dream! And San Fran REALLY bent over backwards to pull this off! Awesome! :-D

achilles wrote:Make A Wish is cool, and brings out a lot of the best in people. One thing I didn't get in all the coverage I saw was how the kid is. Getting better hopefully? I don't really even know if there's a cure for that, or even an effective treatment.

I've heard reports from elsewhere (NBC and the like) that he's recovering from his leukemia.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Herald does have a heart. . :shock:

leave a comment with facebook