Wednesday, May 23, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Here's Your First Look At The New 'Fantastic Four'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Not backlit we mean…

Source: @_atowers Twitter feed

The first family of Marvel Comics is returning soon, and in their news incarnation, will be handled by writer Dan Slott and Sara Pichelli. In an interview with Slott and C.B. Cebulski yesterday, Slott confirmed that the "new" Fantastic Four will be the old FF: Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben.

Later in the interview, Cebulski mentioned the look of the Fantastic Four, because a new #1 should bring a new look right?

"When the costume designs came up, Tom [Breevort] and Dan had very specific ideas that date all the way back to the original FF through every incarnation, with specific designs and color schemes that would fit into this story."

Up until then, the promotional images for the new Fantastic Four showed the characters backlit, obscuring their features. Today however, Marvel tweeted out a FF promo that showed the cover for the new Fantastic Four at the end:

If you blinked maybe you missed it. Here's the cover image (with what we would guess is extra promotional text) for the first issue of the new Fantastic Four by Esad Ribic:

fantasticfour2018ribic.jpg

Slott and Pichelli's Fantastic Four #1 will crash onto shelves in August.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Ew, don't like Ribic's Ben.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 pm

chap22 wrote:Ew, don't like Ribic's Ben.

Glad I'm not the only one. :smt011

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 pm

I don't like his Ben, Reed, Sue or Johnny. That is one ugly cover. Glad he isn't doing the interiors.

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Grayson wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one. :smt011

Add me to that list. He’s too muscular instead of stocky and wide.

Also it’s ever lovin blue eyed Thing. Not I’ll swallow you soul and murder your bloodline!!! Thing.

The new costumes look cool.

oogy

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby oogy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Jack Burton wrote:
Add me to that list. He’s too muscular instead of stocky and wide.

Also it’s ever lovin blue eyed Thing. Not I’ll swallow you soul and murder your bloodline!!! Thing.

The new costumes look cool.

Agreed 100%.

I'm super excited for this book.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 pm

The outfits are too dark.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I don't like his Ben, Reed, Sue or Johnny. That is one ugly cover. Glad he isn't doing the interiors.

Praise the gods for that. It was hard for me to get into Secret Wars because of his art.

RobThompson

crash test dummy

Postby RobThompson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:28 pm

That is a fugly cover.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Is that the Thing or Killer Croc?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:59 am

Somebody please send this to Ribic...

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:35 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I don't like his Ben, Reed, Sue or Johnny. That is one ugly cover. Glad he isn't doing the interiors.

Me too

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:03 am

Amoebas wrote:Somebody please send this to Ribic...

That's my preferred version too but now everyone draws him a little different.

You would be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Waid and Ringo's FF than me but Ringo's Ben started to bug me. The longer the was on the book the more ape like Ben would look. It got to a point he started to look more like Igoo from Herculoids.

My current favorite artists for Ben has long been Jim Cheung and Stuart Immomen. They pretty much nail what I envision Ben should look like.

leave a comment with facebook