Advertisement

Hulk #51 (No further Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Hulk #51 (No further Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:42 pm

More supernatural stuff for Rulk to punch, and while I enjoyed this issue, I didn’t like it as much as other previous instalments because I had no idea who these ‘Forgiven’ people were. I got that they are kind of like reformed Vampires, but where had they appeared before? Is this something from Peter David’s Hulk run or what? They looked very 90s to me. I guess I’ll have to do some research because it looks like they’ll be showing up again soon. I did like Red Hulk’s stubborn refusal to stop and think things through in this issue, it was refreshing to see a character just go ‘NO!’ and fight through, a nice character detail. I also liked that Parker tied this story in with the Hulk Of Arabia one, with the ghost of the former friend who died in that arc coming back to haunt Rulk. Pagulayan’s art was great, he probably draws the 2nd best Rulk after Ed McGuinness. Also, where was Machine Man! He needs to be in every issue of this book, he rocks.

Advertisement

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 72 posts

Re: Hulk #51 (No further Spoilers)

Postby Rikk Odinson » Fri May 11, 2012 4:31 pm

The Forgiven are from the current run of X-Men.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Hulk #51 (No further Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:The Forgiven are from the current run of X-Men.

Wait, so they're not from the 90s?

WTF?

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 785 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand