Advertisement

Hulk #52 (I hate magic! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Hulk #52 (I hate magic! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 pm

It’s the conclusion of the ‘Haunted Hulk’ arc, and overall it was a good one, I’m a fan of the various characters who comprise the Legion Of Monsters, so it was very cool to see the likes of Morbius and Werewolf By Night show up here. Plus, it’s always good to see a Hulk of any colour punch the crap out of some Kirby-lookin’ monsters. What I wasn’t so keen on was the reveal that the evil spirit haunting Rulk was the ghost of Doc Samson, if there’s one thing I really didn’t like about Jeph Loeb’s changes to the world of the Hulk, it was turning Doc Samson into a bad guy and any issue that reminds me of that is going to rub me the wrong way. That said, what happened to Samson isn’t down to Jeff Parker and he did his best to kinda/sorta redeem the character and say that the ‘real’ Samson was a good man. So that kind of made up for it. Next month is the start of another big story, Mayan Rule, but most importantly, Dale Eaglesham is taking over on art, it’s been cool having Pagulayan back on this book doing his usual great job, but it’s going to be fantastic to see what Eaglesham can do with this character, his muscular style should be perfect.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand