Advertisement

Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 282 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri May 18, 2012 2:23 am

ummmmm did Aaron totally reduce his first 7 issues to garbage?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Zenguru
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12684
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: West-by-God-Virginia!


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby Zenguru » Fri May 18, 2012 2:29 am

Ida know. What happened in his first 7 issues?

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44209
Likes: 175 posts
Liked in: 296 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby Zechs » Fri May 18, 2012 2:43 am

guitarsmashley wrote:ummmmm did Aaron totally reduce his first 7 issues to garbage?


Ptf.. this is Doom fucking with the Hulk/Banner due to the shit they did to him during that Hulk event in reducing his GENIUS mind.
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21444
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby chap22 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 am

guitarsmashley wrote:ummmmm did Aaron totally reduce his first 7 issues to garbage?

Not much of a reduction. They were garbage to begin with.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby ****** » Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 am

I probably went into Aaron's Hulk with low expectations just from seeing Readers and Chap plowing it every issue, but apart from the end I don't think it was that bad. Human Banner was a construct of how Doom views Banner and the actual Banner was still in Hulk buried deep down the whole time obv - you shouldn't have needed this issue to figure that out. The Island of Doctor Moreau stuff was silly but that shit's just comics. If there are specific complaints about the Von Doom woman, you'll get no argument from me as that part was hella dumb.

This issue was a little meh and I'm over Aaron's fascination with the eye dude who needs to be left in Ghost Rider comics because Ghost Rider sucks.

Johnny Smith
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2332
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 am
Title: Metadata Broker


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri May 18, 2012 9:26 am

amlah6 wrote:This issue was a little meh and I'm over Aaron's fascination with the eye dude who needs to be left in Ghost Rider comics because Ghost Rider sucks.


You hate the Orb?!? :roll:

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9252
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby Zero » Fri May 18, 2012 9:27 am

Does this render the previous few any better? I dropped it after issue 3 because while Aaron usually deserves a shot that art was just...

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby ****** » Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

Johnny Smith wrote:
You hate the Orb?!? :roll:


He and Ghost Rider belong together.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby ****** » Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 am

Zero wrote:Does this render the previous few any better? I dropped it after issue 3 because while Aaron usually deserves a shot that art was just...


The art got worse as it went. Portacio must give great blow jobs, that dude can't draw for shit.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9252
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby Zero » Fri May 18, 2012 9:41 am

amlah6 wrote:
The art got worse as it went. Portacio must give great blow jobs, that dude can't draw for shit.


Urgh. Marvel are doing really well pairing terribad art with books I like lately. FF had some right old shit until Dragotta, Uncanny has Land and the nineties vomited all over Aaron here. Feh.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44209
Likes: 175 posts
Liked in: 296 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby Zechs » Fri May 18, 2012 11:28 am

amlah6 wrote:I probably went into Aaron's Hulk with low expectations just from seeing Readers and Chap plowing it every issue, but apart from the end I don't think it was that bad. Human Banner was a construct of how Doom views Banner and the actual Banner was still in Hulk buried deep down the whole time obv - you shouldn't have needed this issue to figure that out. The Island of Doctor Moreau stuff was silly but that shit's just comics. If there are specific complaints about the Von Doom woman, you'll get no argument from me as that part was hella dumb.

This issue was a little meh and I'm over Aaron's fascination with the eye dude who needs to be left in Ghost Rider comics because Ghost Rider sucks.


LIES! His version of the Orb is awesome!
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 282 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm

chap22 wrote:Not much of a reduction. They were garbage to begin with.



I've enjoyed Aaron's Hulk it's been mindless fun that is the best Hulk since Planet Hulk. Hopefully the art will now stabilize. I'm curious to see how Dillon does.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

MistaT
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7739
Likes: 13 posts
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 pm
Location: Duval
Title: ThreadKilla


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby MistaT » Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:ummmmm did Aaron totally reduce his first 7 issues to garbage?


No. I think the point was to "flip the script" on the two characters by making Hulk the more sane and rational one and turning Banner into the monster. For me this made all the crap that came before it worth while. I'm curious to see what happens next.

amlah6 wrote:I probably went into Aaron's Hulk with low expectations just from seeing Readers and Chap plowing it every issue, but apart from the end I don't think it was that bad. Human Banner was a construct of how Doom views Banner and the actual Banner was still in Hulk buried deep down the whole time obv - you shouldn't have needed this issue to figure that out. The Island of Doctor Moreau stuff was silly but that shit's just comics. If there are specific complaints about the Von Doom woman, you'll get no argument from me as that part was hella dumb.

This issue was a little meh and I'm over Aaron's fascination with the eye dude who needs to be left in Ghost Rider comics because Ghost Rider sucks.


Yeah, I'm not really seeing that.... :smt017

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21444
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby chap22 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:30 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:

I've enjoyed Aaron's Hulk it's been mindless fun that is the best Hulk since Planet Hulk. Hopefully the art will now stabilize. I'm curious to see how Dillon does.

I disagree with that completely. But then, I realize I'm apparently the only person on the internetz who liked Pak's post-Loeb Incredible Hulks stuff.

MistaT
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7739
Likes: 13 posts
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 pm
Location: Duval
Title: ThreadKilla


Re: Hulk 7.1...what the deuce?

Postby MistaT » Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

chap22 wrote:I disagree with that completely. But then, I realize I'm apparently the only person on the internetz who liked Pak's post-Loeb Incredible Hulks stuff.


I loved the Incredible Hulks stuff.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 75 guests

Advertisement