Monday, June 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Outhouser?! We barely know her!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Idiot's Guide Weekly: The Life and Death of an Ultimate Universe

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
We still are boys! I'm open to any and all suggestions to stories that would change my mind on the character.

It's just that she's been very, very underused since her resurrection to the point where I don't see why she was brought back. Also, she's been stabbed/lasered to death in like 50% of the stories that I've read of hers.

meh. it really all comes down to the Wolfman/Perez Titans (and even there you have to ignore the Terry Long stink). and Jiminez did some good stuff with her in his Wonder Woman run. other than that, i'll admit she ain't been written very well over the years. but still...doesn't deserve to be DC's version of Jean, Didio!!!!

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:54 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:Where was Shrieve confirmed?

No confirmation but I liked that guess better than Zealot. :P

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:55 pm

chap22 wrote:meh. it really all comes down to the Wolfman/Perez Titans (and even there you have to ignore the Terry Long stink). and Jiminez did some good stuff with her in his Wonder Woman run. other than that, i'll admit she ain't been written very well over the years.
I don't recall who was on the title at the time, but when Donna dated Kyle in Green Lantern, they did a decent job of portraying how cool Donna is.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 pm

chap22 wrote:meh. it really all comes down to the Wolfman/Perez Titans (and even there you have to ignore the Terry Long stink). and Jiminez did some good stuff with her in his Wonder Woman run. other than that, i'll admit she ain't been written very well over the years. but still...doesn't deserve to be DC's version of Jean, Didio!!!!

I haven't read all of Wolfman/Perez's run, but I will admit to automatically dismissing her due to the fact that she was dating/married to a pot smoking hippie college professor. I mean, what the hell is up with that?

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:04 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I haven't read all of Wolfman/Perez's run, but I will admit to automatically dismissing her due to the fact that she was dating/married to a pot smoking hippie college professor. I mean, what the hell is up with that?
Where's Herald with a male version of a Mary Sue trope?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Ultra the Multi-Alien

Read Vertigo's Strange Adventures.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 pm

BlueStreak wrote:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 pm

cncoyle wrote:Where's Herald with a male version of a Mary Sue trope?

Gary Stu

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Punchy wrote:
Marty Stu

Fixed.
Never send an amateur to do a professional's job. :P 8)

leave a comment with facebook