Advertisement

IDW Announces My Little Pony Micro-Series

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 140 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm

That was fast.

Source: Bleeding Cool

Despite 2012 being a banner year for licensed comics, no amount of good news could’ve prepared anyone for the overnight commercial success that the “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” comic has already experienced. With more than a week from the first issue being unleashing on a ravenous public, the book has cleared both the 100,000+copies order and rushed 2nd Printing Benchmarks, making it far and away IDW’s most successful launching in its’ history. With such momentum at their heels, IDW didn’t waste any time in announcing that the Friendship is Magic comic will be complemented with a “My Little Pony: Micro Series.”

For those familiar with how IDW does things, the only surprise with this announcement is how rapidly Micro Series is being produced. Starting in February 2013, the Micro Series will be a series of Six Issues focusing on the main characters of the “Friendship is Magic Series.  As for the first issue, the story will feature Twilight Sparkle on a quest that could end-up sharing some eerie similarities to how “Game of Thrones” fans might act if the author dies before the story is finished.

To cap things off, here are the covers and solicitations to both Issue #1 of the micro-series and Issue #4 of the “Friendship is magic” series courtesy of Bleeding Cool.

MY LITTLE PONY MICRO SERIES #1 (OF 6) TWILIGHT SPARKLE
(W/A) Thomas F. Zahler (CA) Thomas F. Zahler, Amy Mebberson
Introducing the first of six spotlights focusing on everyone’s favorite Ponies! Twilight Sparkle becomes enthralled in a literary masterpiece. Dismayed to hear the series never continued, Twilight goes on a quest to hunt down the reclusive author, Jade Singer. It will take all of the studious Pony’s detective skill to find the author, and twists and turns abound! Don’t miss this adventure in imagination!

MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #4
(W) Katie Cook (A) Andy Price (CA) Stephanie Buscema, Andy Price
Their epic quest nearing its end, the Mane 6 reach the Changeling Kingdom and find themselves at the mercy of Queen Chrysalis! A sinister offer threatens to tear the group apart before they can save the day. Will friendship prevail over the Queen’s nefarious plan?

Written or Contributed by Linwood Earl Knight

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand