Advertisement

IDW’s My Little Ponies Take Dump On DC’s Lawn

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:29 pm

The prank, although premature, further highlights the depths to which DC has fallen.

Source: none, I'm just bored

As predicted, the New 52 has left DC on the brink of bankruptcy that not even a Chapter 11 restructure can save.  Characters that have survived The Depression, WWII, Vietnam, and the 80s are dying a slow death and will never be seen in a comic book again after 2014.  To add insult to injury, IDW, perennial “other publisher” is quickly climbing the sales ladder to fill in the gap left by DC’s downfall on the back of their highly successful My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic comic book aimed at – SHOCK – children. 

To celebrate their nearly .7% increase in market-share and whopping 2.38% increase in individual comic share (no, I do not know what either of these mean) IDW’s Editor-In-Chief, Chris Ryall,  gave My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic writer, Katie Cook permission to let the ponies out for a quick trot.  What Ryall did not specify was where. 

Katie, totally awesome lady, Cook drove her tiny Yugo, packed with over a dozen ponies all the way from Equestria to New York City so that her ponies could run around and, more importantly, take massive dumps on the lawn of DC’s corporate offices.  When reached for comment all Miss Cook had to say was: 

Oh, is this where DC is located, I didn’t know.  From their sales recently I expected much smaller offices. 

DC co-head honcho, Darth Didio had this to say in response to the events: 

People are always complaining about the bindings for our larger collections but, I think I just found a new supply of glue.

In response to this story, Outhouse Editor-In-Chief, Christian Hoffer, vowed never to take a day off again.

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 171 posts

Re: IDW’s My Little Ponies Take Dump On DC’s Lawn

Postby dairydead » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Katie is one of my favorite comic people ever.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 385 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:35 pm

If this were true, I am sure Herald would get a good laugh out of this. :-D :-D :-D

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 pm

dairydead wrote:Katie is one of my favorite comic people ever.

she really is an awesome lady
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand