Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Evening Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Infinity #6 (SPOILERS)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I really enjoyed this story overall. It should be interesting to see what happens with Thane and the Ebony Maw.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I really enjoyed this story overall. It should be interesting to see what happens with Thane and the Ebony Maw.

That was the worst part for me. I was like "ugh!"

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Keb wrote:That was the worst part for me. I was like "ugh!"

It wasn't my most favourite part of Infinity, but I think this pairing has a lot of potential for some interesting stories.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 pm

I wish I could share your enthusiasm. It felt forced, as though Hickman was just creating a villain for Inhumanity or something. Thane felt forced through and through.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
It wasn't my most favourite part of Infinity, but I think this pairing has a lot of potential for some interesting stories.

I think Black Dwarf and Supergiant are the only lieutenants of Thanos that are dead. Proxima Midnight is frozen in amber with Thanos and she also has Corvus Glaive's blade, which she alludes also possesses a piece of Corvus somehow.

Hab

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm

habitual wrote:
I think Black Dwarf and Supergiant are the only lieutenants of Thanos that are dead. Proxima Midnight is frozen in amber with Thanos and she also has Corvus Glaive's blade, which she alludes also possesses a piece of Corvus somehow.

Hab

I don't know that Supergiant is definitively dead either. Explosions have never been an absolute, no questions asked killer of comic book villains.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:47 am

Stephen Day wrote:I really enjoyed this story overall. It should be interesting to see what happens with Thane and the Ebony Maw.

True. Hickman went straight for the Greek mythology template with Thane and Thanos a la Kronos defeating Ouranos, then Zeus defeating Kronos.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:45 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Should have just been a New Avengers story. Including all the issues of Avengers since launch. The only thing epic about his whole Avengers run so far is the epic decompression.

thank G-d

I thought I was going insane being the only one who felt this way

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:04 pm

GHERU wrote:thank G-d

You're definitely not alone. This whole thing was Hickman's last chance to not bore me and put me to sleep.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:11 pm

GHERU wrote:thank G-d

I can't really complain about decompression in an event comic that was only sixteen issues including tie-ins. It seems to have pared down the fluff we've seen in recent event comics dramatically.

Hab

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Honestly though, I fucking hate reading Hickman monthly.

leave a comment with facebook