Advertisement

Infinity #6 (SPOILERS)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Infinity #6 (SPOILERS)

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 am

Pretty good ending to Infinity. Too bad that New Avengers #12 pretty much spoils things by showing what happens to Thanos.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Bear du jour

Re: Infinity #6 (SPOILERS)

Postby Chesscub » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Is it really a spoiler if nothing gets spoiled? Something happens to Thanos. Ooooh vague.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Chesscub wrote:Is it really a spoiler if nothing gets spoiled? Something happens to Thanos. Ooooh vague.

The cover shows Thanos after being encased by Thane's Amber Field. That counts as a spoiler to me.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Chicanery
expert hobo killer

Postby Chicanery » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 pm

...How is New Avengers a spoiler when it's set after Infinity?

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Chicanery wrote:...How is New Avengers a spoiler when it's set after Infinity?

Like I said, New Avengers has Thanos captured in Thane's Amber Field on the cover. That pretty much tells you how Thanos is stopped in Infinity.

You go in the store, pick up your books, you look at the NA cover and BAM! It's spoiled.

- Sons of the Desert

Chicanery
expert hobo killer

Postby Chicanery » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Like I said, New Avengers has Thanos captured in Thane's Amber Field on the cover. That pretty much tells you how Thanos is stopped in Infinity.

You go in the store, pick up your books, you look at the NA cover and BAM! It's spoiled.

The cover is just Thanos in a Kirby pose. It doesn't take on another meaning until after you read Infinity 6.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Easily my favorite event of all time; the Avengers and New Avengers tie-ins were all relevant -- there's a plan, DC/Marvel: Actually have the guy who is writing the event write the most relevant books that tie in! Crazy, I know, but effective! -- and I'm even more excited about what's coming next.

I really liked the Jonathan Hickman/Nick Spencer prologue issues to Infinity, so I'm really looking forward to Avengers World, and I know enough about how Hickman does things that I have absolutely no idea what's coming next in New Avengers.

I've never been this excited about what the Avengers are, at this moment in time. It won't last forever, so I'm enjoying every moment of it that I can.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Trust Nac to be spoiled by a pic of Thanos tinged in orange (every other tie-in had that effect) for a book solicited as an Infinity epilogue with the timeline/checklist accompanying every issue of Infinity so far saying this :lol:

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Does anyone find Thane interesting so far out of curiousity?

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Chicanery wrote:

The cover is just Thanos in a Kirby pose. It doesn't take on another meaning until after you read Infinity 6.

Unless you know a little bit about Thanos' history, and what happened the last time he was in a pose like that...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Hickman and Cheung obviously intended Thanos' Infinity fate to be a homage of that.

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:31 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Trust Nac to be spoiled by a pic of Thanos tinged in orange (every other tie-in had that effect) for a book solicited as an Infinity epilogue with the timeline/checklist accompanying every issue of Infinity so far saying this :lol:

It doesn't take much to deduce upon seeing the cover that a)Thanos is in pretty much the same pose that he was when Adam Warlock zapped him into a state between life and death back in Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2. And that B) There was a good chance that Thane put him there via his "Amber field" if you've been paying attention and knew his powers were reveled when he popped up in Avengers Alliance.

- Sons of the Desert

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 pm

not everyone automatically links a cover as a homage to a scene from a comic printed 30+ years ago.

if that constitutes a spoiler in your mind....

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:14 am

I really hate how the cover to the first issue of this series spoils the whole series.

doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:26 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I really hate how the cover to the first issue of this series spoils the whole series.

warn what your spoiler tags are hiding dammit!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:42 am

Oh and if you think this image spoils anythings. Then well.....you know....might as well just ban me.

doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand