Advertisement

Invincible #89 (Black-Vincible Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Invincible #89 (Black-Vincible Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 am

After a teaser that came out, what, 2 years ago? We finally get around to the debut of… Black-Vincible! And yes, it’s Bulletproof. That’s somewhat of a relief, I’m sure some of us had fears of a Punisher-style pigment change for Mark, but in the end, it’s just Bulletproof filling in for Invincible, who, after inhaling the Scourge Virus is in dire condition in hospital. Now that we know he’s not dead straight away, it’s clear that Mark will eventually recover and that Bulletproof’s stint as Invincible is only temporary, but it’s still cool to see the book do something so different, I hope Kirkman actually gives Bulletproof some character development, because he’s been in the background for ages now yet we know pretty much nothing about him. Was this the first time we were told his name? The other stuff in this issue was also intriguing, especially the scene where Thragg discovers that Mark is a ‘match’ for something or other. Not only was that a gloriously bloody head-burst, but I’m guessing it’s something to do with Mark being a genetic match for the dead Viltrumite king that Thragg carried around the skull of. Time for a brain-transplant storyline?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand