Advertisement

Invincible Iron Man #513 (Et Tu, Rhodey? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Invincible Iron Man #513 (Et Tu, Rhodey? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am

I’m glad that the story within this comic was more nuanced that just ‘Iron Man Vs. War Machine’ for the umpteenth time as the cover suggested. Instead, War Machine does go against Tony, but in a far more subtle way than just punches and lasers. It was great seeing them work together to try and take down the Dread-noughts and I loved the Chinese superheroes ‘The Dynasty’, are they new creations or old ones that Fraction and Larroca have given a new lick of paint to? Either way, they were cool, and they didn’t have stupid names like DC’s The Great Ten, which is a plus. I really like how this arc is piling and piling more stuff on top of Tony Stark’s head, now he knows that Mandarin and Stane are working together, but even he doesn’t know the extent of the force that Mandarin has assembled. That last page was a who’s-who of Iron Man villains and it’s going to be great fun to see how they’ve been upgraded. I must say that the 2 pages that actually interested me the most in this one were the ones with Detroit Steel, who has become a street-level vigilante in Paris, I have no idea where Fraction is going with that plot, but that’s just how I like it.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand