Advertisement

Invincible Iron Man #514 (The Governor Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Invincible Iron Man #514 (The Governor Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 am

The big Mandarin story continues apace, and it’s really good to see Tony Stark be attacked from all angles, he’s not just fighting a load of his old villains, but the Mandarin is also using more subtle methods to get at him, and even though Tony tries a pretty damn clever delaying tactics, the government will inevitably prove he was drunk, and end him. I do question why exactly Tony decided to put on ‘the Governor’ inhibitor device straight away, it looked like he was given a bit of a waiting period. But it did make for an exciting ending, even if you could probably see it coming. I’m continuing to love how Fraction is upgrading all of Iron Man’s villains, this issue featured the Melter and Whirlwind, and not only do they have enhanced abilities and cooler costumes, but Fraction is also giving them (or at least Melter) personalities, and the fact that there is tension between the other villains and Mandarin is very interesting. Tony may think he’s up against one monolithic threat, but it’s more interesting than that, and I’m sure that by the end of this arc, the villains will be fighting amongst themselves.

Advertisement

US Agent
cheese

Liked in: 18 posts

Re: Invincible Iron Man #514 (The Governor Spoilers)

Postby US Agent » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:09 am

I don't get why Rhodey is back in the last War Machine armor and not the 2.0 armor.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 400 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Invincible Iron Man #514 (The Governor Spoilers)

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:31 pm

US Agent wrote:I don't get why Rhodey is back in the last War Machine armor and not the 2.0 armor.

Fashion trumps function.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand