Advertisement

Invincible Iron Man #515 (Checkmate Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Invincible Iron Man #515 (Checkmate Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:23 pm

I’m almost ashamed to admit it, but Fraction fooled me, I actually thought that Rhodey had died. I’ve been reading comics for over a decade and still I thought he was dead. Sometimes even the most experienced nerds can get caught out. Luckily, Rhodey isn’t dead, and now that Mandarin and his crew think that they have Tony beaten, it’s time for him to really fight back. This was a great ending to the first part of this big Mandarin epic, and I’m really looking forward to seeing how Tony turns things around. He can’t be Iron Man anymore, but we’ve already seen that there’s a ‘new’ Shellhead in the solicitations. I’m guessing it’s Rhodey, but it could be anyone, even Splitlip! I was very intrigued by the scene between Pepper and the JARVIS artificial intelligence, which seemed rather creepy, has JARVIS been corrupted? Is this part of Mandarin’s plan, or is it something Ultron-related? This book has been on a bit of a slow-burner lately, but I think the retaliation from Tony in the next few months will have it back to it’s best, people have forgotten about this title, which is mental considering it won an Eisner only a few years ago.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand