Advertisement

Invincible Iron Man

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Invincible Iron Man

Postby Zenguru » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Marvel says this new Iron title will be more of Tony facing technological threats. Not so much him being head of Shield. That would be cool.

The creative team is Matt Fraction and Sal Larocca. Haven't read a lot of Fraction, but I do like his Iron Fist. As for Salvador, he's hit or miss with me. Haven't bought anything of his for years. Except for the Sensational Spidey annual. Not sure how confident I am about his ability to do tech stuff like say Chen or Layton.

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Casanova is the only Matt Fraction title worth reading ;)
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Keb wrote:Casanova is the only Matt Fraction title worth reading ;)

Wrong. You forgot Iron Fist. :-D

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:35 pm

I don't read Marvel comics ;)

I might check that out though. Do they have a HC? Is that the one co-written by Brubaker? I don't like him.
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:43 pm

Keb wrote:I don't read Marvel comics ;)

I might check that out though. Do they have a HC? Is that the one co-written by Brubaker? I don't like him.

I don't know if there's a HC yet. And yes, it's co-written by Brubaker.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:48 pm

bun Brubaker. I don't like him.
SHABBA!

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:50 pm

DeadFett wrote:I don't know if there's a HC yet. And yes, it's co-written by Brubaker.

HC, yes. I have the first volume. The second is solicited in this months previews. Im getting it, this is deemed AWESOMESAUCE!

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:55 pm

oh and about Invincible. This does sound like a good title with Fraction and Larroca but I can't get past the fact that its a secondary title. Usually those dont work out so well unless its a team book that has a different set of cast.

Let's face it, Punisher War Journal hasn't worked wonders and coincidentally Matt Fraction is doing that book and Ariel Olivetti was the main penciller.

Most likely im picking up #1 to see this bad boy but I dont have any high hopes for it.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 am

Shady wrote:oh and about Invincible. This does sound like a good title with Fraction and Larroca but I can't get past the fact that its a secondary title. Usually those dont work out so well unless its a team book that has a different set of cast.

Let's face it, Punisher War Journal hasn't worked wonders and coincidentally Matt Fraction is doing that book and Ariel Olivetti was the main penciller.

Most likely im picking up #1 to see this bad boy but I dont have any high hopes for it.
I will at least check out the first issue. I love Iron Man. I'm just not sure he can support two titles. Multiple titles for one character is something I hate. I only buy one Bat title, one Spidey title (well, not since #545), and one X-title (the occasional issue of Uncanny).

Superman is the only exception. Both Action AND Superman are great right now.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:18 am

Keb wrote:bun Brubaker. I don't like him.
What don't you like about him? I think he's okay.

Not that I buy everything he writes. Right now, I only get his Cap and Iron Fist I buy in trade.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 378 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:54 am

I'm definitely going to be checking this out even though both Fraction and Larocca can be hit-or-miss for me.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:29 am

Zenguru wrote:What don't you like about him? I think he's okay.

Not that I buy everything he writes. Right now, I only get his Cap and Iron Fist I buy in trade.
I didn't like Daredevil or Books of Doom. I think he's a pretty average comic writer.
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:00 am

Keb wrote:I didn't like Daredevil or Books of Doom. I think he's a pretty average comic writer.

I like him on Uncanny. His Cap is the best thing Marvel is putting out and Criminal is awesome as well.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:30 am

Zenguru wrote:I will at least check out the first issue. I love Iron Man. I'm just not sure he can support two titles. Multiple titles for one character is something I hate. I only buy one Bat title, one Spidey title (well, not since #545), and one X-title (the occasional issue of Uncanny).

I totally agree. Too many titles for a single character really waters things down, IMO. I think Superman and Batman are really the only exceptions and that’s mainly because of their creative teams. Grant Morrison’s run has been decent on Batman and I love what Paul Dini is doing on Detective. And when Superman and Action Comics are being written by James Robinson and Geoff Johns, I’ll definitely be reading two Superman books again (I dropped Superman during Busiek’s run).

While I do love Iron Man, I just don’t think he’s a character that can really carry two books without having better creative teams. Matt Fraction isn’t really much of a draw for me. And Knauff is a competent writer, but there’s really nothing special about his book.

Most likely I'll check out the first issue and decide which Iron Man book I want to continue reading.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 am

Zenguru wrote:I will at least check out the first issue. I love Iron Man. I'm just not sure he can support two titles. Multiple titles for one character is something I hate. I only buy one Bat title, one Spidey title (well, not since #545), and one X-title (the occasional issue of Uncanny).

I agree with you as well. The only franchise i will buy multiple titles from is x-men (uncanny * adjectiveless) and even then im more annoyed with them having a third even if it is astonishing.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand