Tuesday, May 3, 2016 • Morning Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Invincible #85 (Not cool, Allen, Not cool Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:43 pm

After a couple of fairly ‘meh’ issues of Invincible, this one gets things back on track, and manages to both be pretty damn funny, but also deathly serious and move the big story of the series on a lot. The stuff with Omni-Man and Debbie constantly fucking was very funny, and provided a great through line for the more serious stuff, which is Allen The Alien’s decision to attack the Earth with the Scourge Virus in order to kill all the Viltrumites (and the humans too!). It’s weird to see Allen act like this, but it’s great that the character has grown from being a cool goofy visual, to someone with real power and hard decisions to make. His fight with Omni-Man next month is going to be crazy. I also liked the return of Oliver, and his discovery that Earth really is pretty backwards. I hope this doesn’t mean he’s going to turn on Earth, but it’s a possibility, he’s more alien than we know. It’s always great to have Cory Walker come back and do an issue or two, he co-created the book, and we shouldn’t forget that, no matter how good Ottley is, and I think that Walker is the perfect fit for these issues set in space as he draws really cool aliens.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:22 pm

I can't wait till the next ish, Allen Vs. Nolan is gonna be bananas...
I loved the last line with Allen saying 'Ready?' Awesome.

oogy

Outhouse Drafter

Postby oogy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:18 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:I can't wait till the next ish, Allen Vs. Nolan is gonna be bananas...
I loved the last line with Allen saying 'Ready?' Awesome.

I was so pissed when I reached the end of this book simply because I don't want to wait three weeks!

Hopefully Kirkman & crew can stick to their word on shipping again.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 pm

oogy wrote:I was so pissed when I reached the end of this book simply because I don't want to wait three weeks!

Hopefully Kirkman & crew can stick to their word on shipping again.

I am pretty sure I turned the page in hopes of there being more...

leave a comment with facebook