Advertisement

Invincible #90 (Too many questions Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Invincible #90 (Too many questions Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Once again, Invincible delivers some truly blood-thirsty violence. The fight between Dinosaurus and Thragg was hard-core, fingers getting broken off, entire mouthfuls of teeth getting crushed, a jaw getting split… it was gruesome. So, it looks like Mark is descended from the King Of The Viltrumites, I wonder where that’s leading? I’m guessing that Thragg tries to get Oliver to become King, he has the blood, but he doesn’t have the compassion. That scene with Oliver and Allen was really worrying, he’s not turning into a villain, but his lack of empathy is disturbing, if understandable. I’m kind of annoyed that this issue didn’t feature very much of Bulletproof AKA Zandale AKA Black-Vincible, the fact that Mark is back on his feet already and that Zandale’s stint is likely to only last a very short of time kind of shows it up as a bit of a stunt, like Kirkman wanted to make fun of Miles Morales or something. Or maybe I’m wrong and Zandale will stick around. But really, it seems kind of lame.

Advertisement

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Invincible #90 (Too many questions Spoilers)

Postby Agent of the Bat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:04 pm

I like every aspect of this story with the exception of the replacement Invincible. I especially hated when he was trying to, intentionally or not, put the moves on Eve, that was just fucked up. Mark needs to get back in the costume pronto! I loved the fight between Dinosaurus and Thragg, it was just all kinds of awesome. I do hope that Dinosaurus survives become he has become one of my favorite characters from the Invincible Universe. Oliver is a very unsettling character and it definitely looks like things are going to come to a head between Mark and his younger brother at some point. Invincible continues to be one of the best books I read each and every month.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Re: Invincible #90 (Too many questions Spoilers)

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:12 pm

The Thragg/Dinosaurus fight was brutal. Every time this book comes out, I am never that excited to read it but once I finish it I am glad I keep it in my stack. Great book, great issue.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand