Advertisement

Iron Man 2.0 #9 (Kidneys. Liver. Tendons. Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Iron Man 2.0 #9 (Kidneys. Liver. Tendons. Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:02 am

Interesting to see Joshua Hale Fialkov co-writing with Spencer on this issue, I liked his work on Tumor a lot. But despite the co-writer this issue wasn’t much different from the others, I assume Spencer just got swamped, he’s writing like 10 books or something. The idea behind Palmer Addley turning himself into an infection is genius, and Spencer, Fialkov and Olivetti do a great job of getting his spread across, mostly without words. I liked that stuff wasn’t fully spelled out for the reader, it was cleverly and subtly shown, especially at the end when Haylie is Palmer Addley without even knowing it. I had to re-read that scene a couple of times before I got it, but I don’t mind, it’s cool to have a book that doesn’t talk down to you. I do have one complaint about this issue however, and it is that once again Rhodey doesn’t actually do anything, heck, he doesn’t appear until the very end. I like what Spencer is doing in setting up Addley as a unique threat, but I would like more of a focus on the book’s title character.

Advertisement

US Agent
cheese

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Iron Man 2.0 #9 (Kidneys. Liver. Tendons. Spoilers)

Postby US Agent » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am

I'll be surprised if this book makes it past issue 12.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:14 am

Punchy wrote:Interesting to see Joshua Hale Fialkov co-writing with Spencer on this issue, I liked his work on Tumor a lot. But despite the co-writer this issue wasn’t much different from the others, I assume Spencer just got swamped, he’s writing like 10 books or something. The idea behind Palmer Addley turning himself into an infection is genius, and Spencer, Fialkov and Olivetti do a great job of getting his spread across, mostly without words. I liked that stuff wasn’t fully spelled out for the reader, it was cleverly and subtly shown, especially at the end when Haylie is Palmer Addley without even knowing it. I had to re-read that scene a couple of times before I got it, but I don’t mind, it’s cool to have a book that doesn’t talk down to you. I do have one complaint about this issue however, and it is that once again Rhodey doesn’t actually do anything, heck, he doesn’t appear until the very end. I like what Spencer is doing in setting up Addley as a unique threat, but I would like more of a focus on the book’s title character.

As much as I am generally "meh" toward most of what Spencer writes, I have to admit that I am intrigued about where this title is going.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:19 am

Flynn the Pirate wrote:
As much as I am generally "meh" toward most of what Spencer writes, I have to admit that I am intrigued about where this title is going.

Me too but to be fair I'm a huge fan of War Machine.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand