Advertisement

Iron Man #9 (Robot Racist Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Iron Man #9 (Robot Racist Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:21 am

I don’t hate Greg Land as much as most people, but man, it was cool to see Dale Eaglesham draw this book. He’s such a great artist and this was a fantastic looking comic. This issue picks up where #8 left off, with Tony hunting down 451 for the crime of destroying the Voldi society and killing millions. We get a cameo from Star-Lord, which was cool, and even cooler, the return of Death’s Head, who Tony hires to help him track down 451. Of course, Death’s Head betrays Tony and hands him over to 451, and that’s when things get weird. 451 sits Tony down in front of an old film projector (this is on a Badoon ship, how the hell did it get there?) and shows him a film of his own father, Howard Stark, getting ready to tell Tony some deep, dark secret. And who’s standing next to Howard on this tape? Only 451 himself! What the fudge? This is some crazy stuff, and I can’t wait to see where it’s going.

It really looks like Gillen is going to shake things up in the backstory of Iron Man, and I’m very intrigued into what the hell Howard Stark was up to, and if it ties into Hickman’s SHIELD and other things. Part of me is thinking that this is cynical movie tie-in stuff because of Howard Stark’s largish roles in Iron Man 2 and Captain America: The First Avenger, but I trust Gillen and Howard was barely mentioned in Iron Man 3, so it’s probably not. This was probably the best issue of this title so far, due in part to the excellent art from Eaglesham (I like how he’s continuing to do weird panel stuff like he did on Hulk) and also for the bonkers twist at the end. I hope it gets even weirder from here on in.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand