Advertisement

iZombie #20 (I apologize for the chloroform Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

iZombie #20 (I apologize for the chloroform Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:25 pm

OK, first of all, that cover is fantastic. Yes it’s cheesy and campy, but it’s hilarious as hell. The insides of this comic were good, but after so much mad shit went down in the big zombie uprising arc, it’s kind of a let-down to have these rather slow issues, where each subplot only really gets a few pages to develop. I was most interested here in the story of Ellie’s relationship with Francisco the Frankenstein, it was actually quite sweet, and the page with the woman who Ellie had possessed was very fun, and told very subtly. Allred’s art was once again fantastic, the man can draw pretty much anything and make it look cool. I’m still not convinced by Spot/Scott becoming gay, but him working with Amon should be interesting, as will Gwen maybe joining the Dead Presidents, I wonder what her President name will be? Taft?

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: iZombie #20 (I apologize for the chloroform Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm still enjoying this series, but I agree with you about the way the plot has slowed -- it's not something I've really liked to see happen. I think the problem is that Robertson has allowed the cast to expand too much, too soon. It's like he doesn't have enough room every moth to fit in what he needs to have happen with everyone. I think that's the reason why Scott's coming out has come across as not bad, but not great either. Robertson was able to write it happening, but hasn't had enough room to get the actual feeling right so that it fully makes sense for the character.

Thank you Troy for the sig

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Forum Manager

Re: iZombie #20 (I apologize for the chloroform Spoilers)

Postby nietoperz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 am

I don't have a problem with Scott coming out per se, I just reckon it happened too quickly and with very little foreshadowing. One minute he has a crush on Gwen, the next minute he's coming to terms with his homosexuality. We seem to have jumped several rungs of the ladder.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand