Advertisement

iZombie #25 (No way is a career in comics worth this Spoiler

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

iZombie #25 (No way is a career in comics worth this Spoiler

Postby Punchy » Sat May 12, 2012 3:44 pm

I’m shocked this book is still coming out, what with all the Roberson controversy that’s been raging all over the internet. But it’s good that we’re at least going to get the full iZombie story told as it was intended. This issue was mainly a naked ghost Gwen and Amon floating above the town as Amon reveals the true nature of Xitalu, who we finally get a good look at in all of his Lovecraftian glory. We also checked in on all of the other characters, including Horatio-as-Strider and Spot, and saw were they’re all at before the ‘final battle’. Allred’s art was fantastic as usual, although why did the naked Gwen and Amon not have nipples? This is a Vertigo comic so there should be nudity! It was also cool that, even though there’s only a few issues left, Roberson still took time out to show us Dixie’s origin, just because it’s the end of the world doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: iZombie #25 (No way is a career in comics worth this Spo

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 pm

because Allered is mormon. Nudity isn't allowed.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun May 13, 2012 7:20 pm

I liked the fact that we learned that Dixie used to be a monster slayer in her younger days. I also agree that it was good to finally get a good view of what Xitalu looks like. Overall though, while this issue was OK, it wasn't my favourite issue of this series. It seemed more like a moving of chess pieces to where they need to be for the story's end than anything else. It was a needed chapter if not a very exciting one.

Thank you Troy for the sig

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 am

Speculation as to why it's still coming out- Allred is a co-creator/owner- vertigo/dc doesn't want to alienate him by not releasing it. Also, Vertigo's trade business on the series would be wrecked if it doesn't get a full run out.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand