Advertisement

iZombie #21 (Zombie Lincoln Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

iZombie #21 (Zombie Lincoln Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 am

After a few issues of having one-too-many subplots moving just a little bit too slowly, this issue ramps things up a notch and has everyone moving into place for an exciting showdown, the Dead Presidents, Amon and the Fossars are all converging on Galatea’s lab, and it looks like the big Lovecraftian event is going to happen soon. But amid all of that epicness, Roberson still finds time for some nice quiet moments, like the really rather sweet dance between Ellie and Francisco, and the revelation that Amon’s Leopard is actually a Were-Leopard and oh yeah, his wife. J. Bone made a good fill-in artist, I don’t think anyone can really match Allred on this book, but his cartoony style fits the tone well, and considering the debt this book owes to Scooby Doo, it was appropriate. And before I forget… Zombie Lincoln was way cooler than it should have been, I normally hate lazy Atomic Robo-style historical mash-ups like that, but it was funny.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: iZombie #21 (Zombie Lincoln Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 pm

I agree that Zombie Lincoln was cool. I also loved seeing Ubasti.

Overall, I didn't mind J. Bone as the artist this issue, but, like you, I don't think I'd like to see him as a permanent artist on this book

Thank you Troy for the sig

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Harbinger of the Ponypocalyse
Formerly: Lord Solaris, Discord

Re: iZombie #21 (Zombie Lincoln Spoilers)

Postby SilverPhoenix » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 am

Stephen Day wrote:I agree that Zombie Lincoln was cool. I also loved seeing Ubasti.

Overall, I didn't mind J. Bone as the artist this issue, but, like you, I don't think I'd like to see him as a permanent artist on this book

Agreed. I loved how he drew Kennedy, but after those initial pages, I kinda got a little tired of the style, despite how I liked how he drew the women. It felt far too Scooby-Doo ish visual wise and would grate on the series if he was on it long term.

Fortunately, the writing was still as strong as it has been for the past 6 months and I can't wait to see what happens in this title for the rest of 2012.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand