Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

James Gunn Fired from 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:02 am

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
We're on the same page in this, just as I notice nobody reporting on what Gunn said 10 years ago is mentioning MIke Cernovich (who initiated all of this) defending neo-nazi rallies in person in the last calendar year. It's all political. Execs could give a rat's ass about saying naughty things, but the politicians they purchase blowjobs from care oh so much about keeping up appearances.

I just read up on Cernovich. Geez. What the fuck? :shock: He makes Gunn's tweets that got him fired seem tame by comparison.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 am

zryson wrote:Whoa. What a huge story. And I read it here first on the Outhousers.

You’re welcome.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:22 am

Zechs wrote:
I just read up on Cernovich. Geez. What the fuck? :shock: He makes Gunn's tweets that got him fired seem tame by comparison.

Don’t forget Breitbart and EVS are a buncha jerks too.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:42 am

Zechs wrote:

As Christian as the far-right often claim to be they one and all somehow avoided ever learning the Golden Rule.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:59 am

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
As Christian as the far-right often claim to be they one and all somehow avoided ever learning the Golden Rule.

The Christian Right are very rarely either.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:08 pm

jephd wrote:
The Christian Right are very rarely either.

(Not to thread-jack but related sidenote: if anyone's interested, I've a new epic conspiracy theory storm-braining what the Crusades were really on about as well as how the East India Tea Company survived longer than the history books cite. Hoping my conclusion gets me audited and/or excommunicated. thing one and thing two.)

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm

I asked this elsewhere because there are drastic opinions for both sides:

What is the statutes of limitations in your opinion for saying shit like this online?

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:55 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I asked this elsewhere because there are drastic opinions for both sides:

What is the statutes of limitations in your opinion for saying shit like this online?

I'm fine with the 5 years the world has left.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Rest easy, GoTG fans! I hear Disney has already replaced him.

With Zach Snyder! :-D Of course there will be a slight tonal shift, but hey, Snyder doesn't have any offensive tweets in his background, and that's all that really counts.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:

John 8:7 would seem to be the more appropriate passage with regard to this story.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
I'm fine with the 5 years the world has left.

You always were an optimist.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 pm

RobThompson wrote:John 8:7 would seem to be the more appropriate passage with regard to this story.

Been in more of a Matthew 26:52 mood lately. He who smelt it, dealt it.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
Been in more of a Matthew 26:52 mood lately. He who smelt it, dealt it.

That works too. :smt023

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:53 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I asked this elsewhere because there are drastic opinions for both sides:

Well, when ACTUAL crimes, as opposed to online comments, have a shorter statute of limitations than what Gunn seemed to get, we have a problem, IMO.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Almost 73,000 people have signed a petition for Disney to rehire James Gunn.

leave a comment with facebook