Advertisement

Jim Lee Speaks on Harleygate, Teaches Fans About Context

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Anthony Williams
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 195 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Jim Lee Speaks on Harleygate, Teaches Fans About Context

Postby Anthony Williams » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Jesus Christ he posted all this via Twitter? Are you fucking stupid? You could have made a facebook post or a post on DCs website, but you subject everyone to these 140 character snippet bullshit and you want to talk about context! WAAAHHHHHTTT

Advertisement

SporkBot
cheese

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Re: Jim Lee Speaks on Harleygate, Teaches Fans About Context

Postby SporkBot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Buddy of mine on a different forum posted this:

Jimmy Palmiotti wrote:That the tryout Harley Quinn page went out without an overall description of tone and dialogue is all my fault. I should have put it clearly in the description that it was supposed to be a dream sequence with Amanda and I talking to Harley and giving her a hard time. I should have also mentioned we were thinking a Mad magazine /Looney Tunes approach was what we were looking for. We thought it was obvious with the whale and chicken suit, and so on, but learned it was not. I am sorry for those who took offense, our intentions were always to make this a fun and silly book that broke the 4th wall, and head into issue 1 with a ongoing story/adventure that is a lot like the past Powergirl series we did. I hope all the people thinking the worst of us can now understand that insulting or making fun of any kind was never our intention. I also hope that they can all stop blaming DC Comics for this since It was my screw up. The idea for the page to find new talent is an amazing one and we hope that can be the positive that comes forward from today on…that we get some new talent working in our field because of this unique opportunity.

So I was on the money about the dream sequence thing. As were others who figured this for being a 4th Wall breaking vibe a la Deadpool.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 303 posts

Re: Jim Lee Speaks on Harleygate, Teaches Fans About Context

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 pm

SporkBot wrote:Buddy of mine on a different forum posted this:

So I was on the money about the dream sequence thing. As were others who figured this for being a 4th Wall breaking vibe a la Deadpool.

Which is not really the point. Nor is his taking the blame... Well, it is nonsensical. He says it's his fault for not writing the page more clearly? Did Amanda Conner get his point? Then job done. It's not the writer's job, when writing a page of script for a comic, to step back and say "huh... Ok, my artist will be ok, but if some anonymous person pulls this page out at random and turns it into a public contest,neopoint the context make sense? Hmm... Maybe I should take another swack at it."

No, it's got nothing to do with him, or his script as it relates to the book he is writing. The point, as has been said many times, is how can anyone at DC have taken the page, as written, and said "all by itself, this page in a vacuum, this will be PERFECT for our contest and can in NO WAY be misconstrued!"

It's that lack of PR self-awareness, in my opinion.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: RE: Jim Lee Speaks on Harleygate, Teaches Fans About Con

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 pm

FBtron wrote:Jesus Christ he posted all this via Twitter? Are you fucking stupid? You could have made a facebook post or a post on DCs website, but you subject everyone to these 140 character snippet bullshit and you want to talk about context! WAAAHHHHHTTT

Am I the only one in the world who gets 160 characters when making a text? :?

#WAAAHHHHHTTT

Matt Cruz
FACEBOOKTron

Postby Matt Cruz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:23 am

Hey Jim, I understand that people might take the script of Harley's suicide a bit too far but I might say this could have been avoided *makes a bullhorn with his hands* BY NOT HAVING A CONTEST USING A SCRIPT WHERE HARLEY TRIES SEVERAL TIMES TO KILL HERSELF; EVEN IF THE COMIC IS SUPPOSED TO BE 4TH WALL BREAKING AND MAD-ESC, IT'S STILL A FUCKING MORONIC MOVE!!! AND NICE TRY USING INTERNET MEMES AS A DEFENSE; THOSE ARE MADE MY IMMATURE ASSHOLES, YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING PROFESSIONALS!!!!!! PRO-FESS-ION-ALS!!!! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER YOU MORON!!!!

Sean Adams Little Gidi
FACEBOOKTron

Postby Sean Adams Little Gidi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Good news to everyone reading this comment. I want to share my testimony on how i belong to the world famous illuminate fraternity society, and how i have become more famous, by acquiring huge wealth, riches and fame. Here is how my life changed. A friend of mine that was always giving me money, because he was very rich, wealthy, famous and successful. On one beautiful day, he said to me that he is not going to give me any money, that he is going to show me the way to be successful in life. So i was very happy, i never knew he was a member of the great illuminate society. So i was initiated to the world famous illuminate society, and few days later, i was awarded a contract worth millions of Dollars. Right now as i speak, in my business i am doing very well, i travel the world on business deals, i am now the one that gives money out to people, before life was so hard for me and my family. If you want to belong to us today? Send us an email now> homeoftruewealth@gmail.com and your life will change for good.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 955 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:48 pm

FBtron wrote:Good news to everyone reading this comment. I want to share my testimony on how i belong to the world famous illuminate fraternity society, and how i have become more famous, by acquiring huge wealth, riches and fame. Here is how my life changed. A friend of mine that was always giving me money, because he was very rich, wealthy, famous and successful. On one beautiful day, he said to me that he is not going to give me any money, that he is going to show me the way to be successful in life. So i was very happy, i never knew he was a member of the great illuminate society. So i was initiated to the world famous illuminate society, and few days later, i was awarded a contract worth millions of Dollars. Right now as i speak, in my business i am doing very well, i travel the world on business deals, i am now the one that gives money out to people, before life was so hard for me and my family. If you want to belong to us today? Send us an email now> homeoftruewealth@gmail.com and your life will change for good.

That is good news indeed, Sean Adams Little Gidi.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 938 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 pm

FBtron wrote:Good news to everyone reading this comment. I want to share my testimony on how i belong to the world famous illuminate fraternity society, and how i have become more famous, by acquiring huge wealth, riches and fame. Here is how my life changed. A friend of mine that was always giving me money, because he was very rich, wealthy, famous and successful. On one beautiful day, he said to me that he is not going to give me any money, that he is going to show me the way to be successful in life. So i was very happy, i never knew he was a member of the great illuminate society. So i was initiated to the world famous illuminate society, and few days later, i was awarded a contract worth millions of Dollars. Right now as i speak, in my business i am doing very well, i travel the world on business deals, i am now the one that gives money out to people, before life was so hard for me and my family. If you want to belong to us today? Send us an email now> homeoftruewealth@gmail.com and your life will change for good.

Shut the fuck up Dan Didio.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand