Advertisement

JLI #2 (Guy Gardner's Appletini Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Shitlord

JLI #2 (Guy Gardner's Appletini Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:29 pm

A lot of fun. This is a very traditional superhero team-book, with all the bickering and banter you’d expect, but it’s very well done and features characters I really like so it’s no bad thing. I love that comics has room for something as experimental as Casanova in the same week an old-school book like JLI. It was great seeing the team out of their element and bickering, the back and forth between Rocket Red and August General in Iron being a particular highlight. I also liked Godiva’s flirting with Booster, which was very funny. The threat of the Signal Men is interesting, and is that Mongul on the last page? I loved seeing Andre Briggs stand up to Batman and the reactions that caused too. I must also say that Aaron Lopresti’s art has never looked better, there were panels that reminded me of Terry Dodson. Oh yeah, and the first mention of Skeets in the new DCU, now that I know he’s not been erased from history I can put down my pitchfork.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand