Advertisement

JLI #8 (I hate car alarms Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

JLI #8 (I hate car alarms Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:04 am

The fall-out from the Bombing continues, and it’s interesting to see the whole team basically not know what to do. Apart from Batman, he always knows what to do. Batwing shows up and helps Booster, but did anyone else think he came across like kind of a dick in his inner monologue? The stuff Booster was saying was hardly worthy of causing an instant dislike! I mean, we all know Booster can be a jerk, but in this case… he wasn’t being one really. The stuff with Chairwoman Bao was a bit lame, she’s just a cardboard cut-out bureaucrat really. I did like the introduction of ‘Breakdown’, he’s got a great visual and the way his powers worked was wonderfully creepy. Oh yeah, and then OMAC showed up out of the blue at the end, is that all he does? Show up and smash stuff? He did the same thing in Frankenstein. Of course, the appearance of OMAC does bring to mind a character very closely associated to the JLI, Maxwell Lord, is he still around in the New DCU? And if so, is he behind this attack? Hmm….

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Re: JLI #8 (I hate car alarms Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:46 pm

This is the better Justice League book. Its a lot of fun.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:20 pm

If you bothered to even look at a single issue of OMAC you'd know Max is around. And dammit! OMAC was a great series that didn't deserve it's plug being pulled last week. What a great series that was.

As for JLI - Ugh - I agree with Pnuyhc, I too had no idea why Batwing disliked Booster so much. Nothing in their conversation equaled that. It was a huge error for the book but thankfully the only one as the rest was top notch (except that the book needs more Goidiva!)

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Amoebas wrote:If you bothered to even look at a single issue of OMAC you'd know Max is around. And dammit! OMAC was a great series that didn't deserve it's plug being pulled last week. What a great series that was.

As for JLI - Ugh - I agree with Pnuyhc, I too had no idea why Batwing disliked Booster so much. Nothing in their conversation equaled that. It was a huge error for the book but thankfully the only one as the rest was top notch (except that the book needs more Goidiva!)

I assumed he disliked Booster for the same reason most heroes do. He's portrayed as a glory hog that only cares about the fame. Now we know thats not true, but if you're a kid from Africa then thats what little info you know. Its completely understandable.

Oh and as someone that read OMAC well it sucked in every way.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:36 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I assumed he disliked Booster for the same reason most heroes do. He's portrayed as a glory hog that only cares about the fame. Now we know thats not true, but if you're a kid from Africa then thats what little info you know. Its completely understandable.

Oh and as someone that read OMAC well it sucked in every way.

The thing is though that Batwing is one of Batman's guys, which means that if the latter wants him to work with the JLI he would probably have briefed him about Booster's true heroism.

One other thing: we need to know if Booster is still affiliated with Rip Hunter in this timeline, because if he isn't then the gloryhound routine makes no sense.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Amoebas wrote:If you bothered to even look at a single issue of OMAC you'd know Max is around. And dammit! OMAC was a great series that didn't deserve it's plug being pulled last week. What a great series that was.

I refuse to accept that OMAC was good.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 pm

nietoperz wrote:
The thing is though that Batwing is one of Batman's guys, which means that if the latter wants him to work with the JLI he would probably have briefed him about Booster's true heroism.

One other thing: we need to know if Booster is still affiliated with Rip Hunter in this timeline, because if he isn't then the gloryhound routine makes no sense.

Booster was doing the glory hound routine way before he hooked up with Rip Hunter.

Just because batwing might know that about Booster doesnt still dislike him. Like I know that Michael Moore trys to do the right thing but he's a giant douche all at the same time.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Booster was doing the glory hound routine way before he hooked up with Rip Hunter.

Just because batwing might know that about Booster doesnt still dislike him. Like I know that Michael Moore trys to do the right thing but he's a giant douche all at the same time.

You're confusing old DCU with nuDCU. This Booster doesn't have the other Booster's baggage (that we know of) and Bats has backed up and more importantly believed in Booster pretty every issue so far, that should go a long ways with Batwing (who had plenty of time flying to the States with Batman last month to have covered that).

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Punchy wrote:
I refuse to accept that OMAC was good.

You're right. It was GREAT!

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Amoebas wrote:You're confusing old DCU with nuDCU. This Booster doesn't have the other Booster's baggage (that we know of) and Bats has backed up and more importantly believed in Booster pretty every issue so far, that should go a long ways with Batwing (who had plenty of time flying to the States with Batman last month to have covered that).

Not really since they've said in early issues that he still did the glory hound thing. Corporate sponsors that kinda thing.
In the post-Flashpoint continuity, Booster is portrayed with his original glory seeking personality, commercially marketing his image, and is chosen by the U.N. to lead the JLI due to his PR sense and naiveté. He does, however, take his leadership role seriously, and strives to become a better hero and role model.[47]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booster_gold#The_New_52

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:37 pm

avengingtitan wrote:This is the better Justice League book. Its a lot of fun.

Probably why Johns tried to sink it with his Batman line in JL #7 :P

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:47 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Probably why Johns tried to sink it with his Batman line in JL #7 :P

I can believe that.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand