Advertisement

JLI #5 (Puts the diva in Godiva Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

JLI #5 (Puts the diva in Godiva Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Did anyone else notice that the mystery brunette who was removed from the book before it came out was on the cover? Aaaaawkward. This issue was only OK really, the day was of course saved by the JLI, but not without some sacrifice. I did feel like the ending was very, very rushed, the last page should have been 2 or so, and as such, the reveal of a mysterious figure watching the team and plotting to destroy them lost a lot of the impact it should have had. I did like that Guy and Booster kind of made up, and that someone (Vixen) called out Batman on being a dick, because well, Batman is a dick sometimes. I’m still waiting for the revelation that Booster is not actually an idiot but still working with Rip Hunter, because you know that’s coming sometime, Jurgens wouldn’t spend so much time in making Booster a serious character and then just throw it away. Or would he?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand