Advertisement

Joe Bass Breaks Down Diversity at the Big Two

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Re: RE: Joe Bass Breaks Down Diversity at the Big Two

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm

FBtron wrote:They may be, I'm not certain. However, they're also adding Mighty Avengers, which is majority black and Hispanic. Also, I'll probably re-do these every few months just to see what happens.

X-Factor, Journey Into Mystery, and Red She Hulk are all going away off the top of my head.

They did add Avengers AI- diversifying with more inorganic characters.

Advertisement

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 245 posts

Re: Joe Bass Breaks Down Diversity at the Big Two

Postby TimH » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:51 pm

TimH wrote:if Kitty Pryde gets credit for being Jewish, Valkyrie should get credit for being Swedish. Valkyrie dresses in traditional Swedish ethnic attire.

My joke went over people's heads like a 747 leaving Heathrow.

What about left-handed people? My grandmother got her hand smacked with a ruler every time she used her southpaw in class. At work, I'm forced to use right handed scissors and notebooks because my kind isn't worth special-ordering equipment for.

I have noticed some heroes appear to be left-handed (I'm looking at a marvel ad right now that shows Captain America throwing the shield with his left). But the heroes sure don't advertise it. Artists throw the little touches in on the sly, like they're part of a left-handed underground resistance. We lefties represent 10% of the population! Why aren't 1/10 superheroes left-handed? Are you telling me that left-handedness doesn't sell comics?

*edit: originally abbreviated "ad" as "add". Hackneyed!

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand