Advertisement

Do Johnny Quick and Atomica even need the Crime Syndicate?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Do Johnny Quick and Atomica even need the Crime Syndicat

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:What I find funny is that in the Darkseid one-shot he states the heroes of the DCnU were too "extreme and violent" for him to deal with in a fight :lol:

If you're referring to Justice League #23.1/Darkseid #1, it was Trickster who monitored and tested the League and said "They're younger. Rougher. Crazier. They're never going to give up". That was the reason she led Darkseid to the main Earth because she knew he wouldn't win against the League and in the process keep Darkseid off her ass.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:14 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
If you're referring to Justice League #23.1/Darkseid #1, it was Trickster who monitored and tested the League and said "They're younger. Rougher. Crazier. They're never going to give up". That was the reason she led Darkseid to the main Earth because she knew he wouldn't win against the League and in the process keep Darkseid off her ass.

You're not making it sound any better...younger, rougher and crazier is what Youngblood was all about :lol:

It's like DC had a dying need to say "this is why this rebooted world is the toughest in all the multiverse" in the most extreme way possible.

Back on topic of the thread, Deathstorm is possibly the most stupidly overpowered yet useless character across these dozens tie-ins since Onslaught in the 90's at Marvel.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:55 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:I read a lot of Marvel now, and as a whole, they've got it figured out a bit more, to my way of thinking -- the villains are dangerous and still pose a credible threat, still push the heroes really hard and get their share of victories, but for the Marvel books I read, I rarely get the feel I do when I read DC stuff, that the heroes are just lucky to survive

Apples and oranges when comparing the two universes. My take is that the DC characters are so powerful, they need the bigger threats.

Switch the two teams and see how well they do. In the MU, the JLA would be unstoppable. In the DCU, the Avengers would get trounced every Wednesday. (that's just my opinion as I come from the Busiek school of comic logic).

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand